Just curious why this car is getting so many bids!!!!!!

-
Definately have to look for that magazine.

I really like "E"s in general also Rani. Evidently a whole lot of others do too. As you said the prices are pretty steep, and i guess the auctions don't help in that respect.

the T/A and AAR are the baddest of the E bodies in the appearance department in my opinion , small block big block doesnt matter to me

Meant no offense Tony....:D. I just always gravitated toward the lower end/plain cars. Guess my taste just matched my budget...lol.

If that burned up one was for sale at a reasonable price I'd take a ride and go look at it closer........I think it's only a couple hours away from me. I love a project..and that one would be a challenge.

the solution to fix any car and pretty much the solution all life's problems .....at least mine is a good 440

Attachments

• 1engi440.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 189
Thanks! AAR's are one of my all time favoriet mopars.......and they handle great. I used to own a B-5 blue one in the early 80"s and sold it. The current owner ( lives in Indiana) just completed a concure's resto, on it (actually I belive he told me "The Finer Details" just completed it for him). It was just photographed for the cover of the March 2013 MCG magazine. It was a rather plain jane car, and had Blue interior,( 1 of 37 w/ blue interior) (which I hated) and that is the reason I sold it.

I'm almost sure these are a couple pics I took of your AAR in Indy recently. The resto is gorgeous.........Beautiful car :cheers:

Attachments

• Sept 2012 150 (Small).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Sept 2012 151 (Small).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 155
like most ebay auctions ....they have their buddy bidding it up. some ppl have rings of ppl to help them do that

x2

Gotta agree with that - pretty common occurrence.

IMHO there's no way someone would attempt to "rebuild" that car. Recently I looked at three (one blue & two reds) original AARs from different sellers. The cars were listed in the 45-50k range and could be bought for close to 42-45k. It sure looks like it would cost a lot more than that to "re-build" that thing.

Not your typical car fire, must have been in a building fire. I think it was pretty trashed before any fire damage. Vin on dash is in perfect shape.....ok.

where do you see the VIN tag Rick , can you post a pic , i dont see a tag at all

Not your typical car fire, must have been in a building fire. I think it was pretty trashed before any fire damage. Vin on dash is in perfect shape.....ok. QUOTE]

where do you see the VIN tag Rick , can you post a pic , i dont see a tag at all

I don't either....lol. Probably would have become molten goop. Something smells fishy to me. If it was somehow protected, that plays into my earlier theory.

Another clone to piss-off the owners of the real AAR's and the purists. Don't ya just love it.

I look at is another performance car restored to the list of few made. Why keep looking at the same ones.

I accept clones into the hobby as long as they are Honest on what they have. e Looking at clones and trying to find what they missed? Its is more of a Teaching and learning curve when you have to ldentify a clone.

Attachments

• scan0009[1].jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 145
  • scan0008[2].jpg
    102 KB · Views: 123
  • scan0010[1].jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 122
  • scan0011.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 555
yes that thing is not getting restored they are bidding on the doc. to put it on another car. i don't think that is right but thats just me!

I don't either....lol. Probably would have become molten goop. Something smells fishy to me. If it was somehow protected, that plays into my earlier theory.
i gotchya , i thought i was missing something. i can imagine as hot as that thing burned, the tag would be have been liquified LOL

A guy here in my home town bought a 71 Cuda convertible clone in the US. When he told the guy he bought it from that he knew where there was an original 71 440 6 pak convertible Cuda that was junk he was offered $25000.00 for the tags, build sheet and fender tag. Guess what was going to happen next! Another clone would have been built and sold as an original car to someone that did not know that diff for big bucks. It happens all the time.:wack:

I'm wondering if he had this car apart (dash and all) and it was in a body shop when it burned? Thats about the only way he would still have a good vin tag.

Definately have to look for that magazine.

I really like "E"s in general also Rani. Evidently a whole lot of others do too. As you said the prices are pretty steep, and i guess the auctions don't help in that respect.
Here's a sneak peak at the cover of the march issue.......

Attachments

• 156097_10151309813104598_1055830066_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 116
-
Back