just did an engine swap now the trany wont shift

-

slipyoke

Reaction score
just rebuilt the ol 318 and droped her in my 76 duster now the trany will not shift out of drive. i didnt mess with the linkage or anything when i did the swap. any ideas?

You will have to re-adjust the line pressure/kickdown linkage. Don't drive too much until you get it fixed. You will smoke the trans

Is your t.converter up and in all the way?If you didn,t change anything?It might not be seatted in properly?Just a thought.Good Luck.

You will have to re-adjust the line pressure/kickdown linkage. Don't drive too much until you get it fixed. You will smoke the trans

what he said, check your kickdown.. make sure its free and adjusted properly

just rebuilt the ol 318 and droped her in my 76 duster now the trany will not shift out of drive. i didnt mess with the linkage or anything when i did the swap. any ideas?

If it won't shift out of drive something happened to the linkage. I assume your talking the shifter is stuck. Did you let the trans hang when you took the old engine out? If so it may have bent the shift linkage.

lot of good info thanks guys. i know for a fact that i didnt let the tran hang at all so ill trouble shoot from there.

-
Back