Just for Fun 69 'Cuda Build

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I built a '69 Barracuda 1/18th Scale
on an old Cox Tether Car Chassis with Custom Wheels
It Flips-Up on the Front Axle and Actually Runs!
Had some Fun taking the Pic from Mom's Front Porch to say "Look What I Built"
It Looks like a Full-Sized Car sitting on the Street! Lol

Cox1.jpg

Cox2.jpg

Cox3.jpg

Cox4.jpg

Very nice! Looks like there is plenty of room for RC equipment...just need to fashion a steerable front end and you are all set.
.049? does it have the "twin port" cylinder? and once upon a time I found one with a mini pop-up piston. also, milling the head a tad made it scream
used the high nitro fuel with some rubbing alcohol. had that engine in the Cox dune buggy. It shredded the nylon gears and locked up the engine.
guessing the alcohol took away the lubrication properties of the glow fuel. but when it started, it was a top fuel car! rocking back and forth, blue
exhaust. smoothed out once it warmed up.Once.

No pics???

I wish. That car went away in '79 when I bought my new Power Wagon. Sold the 340, 4 spd. trans, U.S. slots (14x7s & 14x10s), kept the tires, and junked the body-ZERO rust and no dents. Honestly don't remember what I did with the fenderwell headers I had on it. If only I had known then what I know now. :(

I wish. That car went away in '79 when I bought my new Power Wagon. Sold the 340, 4 spd. trans, U.S. slots (14x7s & 14x10s), kept the tires, and junked the body-ZERO rust and no dents. Honestly don't remember what I did with the fenderwell headers I had on it. If only I had known then what I know now. :(

Or, "I wish I din't know now what I didn't know then"
Either way it sucks.

-
Back