Just for fun, What do you think it will make

-

72swgnr

Reaction score
I'm gradually coming up with a stroker small block build and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at what kind of hp/tq I might expect. I was going to go with B1-BA heads but the top end indy kit is hard to pass up $ wise as long as you go through a dealer!

The combo will most likely be as follows:

360 block .030 over with a Scatt stroker kit (4" 4340 crank, forged flat tops, I or H beam rods Hoping for 12.1+ compression)
Indy top end kit. 360-1 heads {63cc},1.6 ratio rockers,3R manifold, bowel porting (for now) of course a gasket match will be done.
Carb will either be a modded holley or TQ (we will be using E-85) 850+ cfm
The cam specs are as follows:

Comp Cams CRS 7262/7263 S 110.0 Valve adjustment: intake= .026 exhaust= .026 Gross lift .577 intake .585 exhaust Duration @ .050 tappet lift intake= 262 exhaust= 266 Valve timing @ .050 intake open 25 BTDC close 57 ABDC Exhaust open 67 BBDC close 19 ATDC These specs are for cam installed @ 106 center line. Duration @ .050 intake 262 exhaust 266 Lobe lift intake .3850 exhaust .3900 lobe separation 110.0.

Headers I'm hoping to get 1 7/8 to fit will most likely be a custom job as its going in an early A body

What do you guys think this combo is capable of?

With the combo you listed, you should be close to 600 or maybe a little more. I would go 950-1050 on the carb though. We just got our carb back from Pro Systems yesterday(E85 conversion, custom tune) Hope to try it out this weekend. Pro Systems said We would need a 220gph+ fuel pump, so I went with a 280 BG. I've also heard E85 is worth a tenth or two over race gas. I guess we'll find out this weekend!

1568gtf.jpg

I hear that a motor chews through e85 at a rate of 30 percent more
faster petrol.
An in miles per galon an fuel consumption goes to ****...

I hear that a motor chews through e85 at a rate of 30 percent more
faster petrol.
An in miles per galon an fuel consumption goes to ****...

Yes it burns more but you can make up for it to some extent by being able to run more compression and more timing than you otherwise could using regular pump gas.

With the cam I will be using I need alot of compression so theres no better choice for a street strip car then E-85. Alot of racers have been switching to it as well. Think about it it can handle 15.1 compression (with the right cam setup) and is WAAAAY cheaper than race gas or alcohol. It burns cooler and has been shown time over time to produce more power than regular fuel 8)

Hey do you know if braided hose they offer for AN fittings is compatiable with E85? Jayson

Hey do you know if braided hose they offer for AN fittings is compatiable with E85? Jayson

I'm not 100% sure but my father ran it in his fuel system for 1.5 years including leaving it in the system over the winter. He was using a no-name summit electric fuel pump aluminum fuel line and a moddified TQ with stock needle and seats etc and he never noticed any excessive corrosion caused by e-85

IMO
Get a quick fuel 1050 annular 1st then look at .600 or so lift and a narrower centerline like 104-106 especially with 12.1+ and desire to rev high rpm7000+

sounds good though.

IMO
Get a quick fuel 1050 annular 1st then look at .600 or so lift and a narrower centerline like 104-106 especially with 12.1+ and desire to rev high rpm7000+

sounds good though.

The cam I bought off a member on Moparts. It was speced out by Dwayne Porter for a small block stroker 416 and fully ported w-2 heads. The cam is meant to work VERY well with full exhaust from what I was told by the guy I bought it with. He decided to run open headers and never used the cam. As for the carb. That is something that might get changed once the engine and drivetrain gets in the car and all sorted out. My father and I will be doing all the mods to the carb to run e-85 instead of buying the e-85 conversion kit.

Here's a link to an article he wrote for Mopar Action back in '97

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/print/pages/Vraa.html

-
Back