Just getting started.

-

DavidSloan

Reaction score
Greetings and well wishes to all members. I am a new member and a bit techno challenged, so please bear with me if I seem a little dull. I've been more or less out of the hobby for a half dozen years due to health issues. I am finally back to where it looks like I'll be able to work on my project this spring. My car is my father's 1970 Duster 340. He was the original owner. He purchased it from McPeek Chrysler/Plymouth October of 1969. I need help understanding the fender tag. The paint code is EV2. My dad always called it GOMANGO. What is the color? The build date on the tag is B11. What does it mean? Sequence #183183. How do I find out if this car has provinance or is just one in the crowd? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave Sloan.

"provenance" is if it has his documentation and documented owner history. Do you have the build sheet, fender tag, numbers matching motor, number matching trans, and/or maybe window sticker? All those things add up to a car with great "provenance"

EV2 is Hemi Orange or Tor Red colored paint. EK2 is called Vitamin C or Go Mango. Hemi Orange has some metallic in it and a little deeper. EK2 is non metallic.

Post a picture of the fender tag. Or list the codes. They can be deciphered easily.

The sequence number part of the VIN is the assigned number to the car. They are roughly in build sequence order. But not 100% in order. Meaning the car one number different from yours was most likely not the very next car on the assembly line. And sometimes sequence numbered cars are held back and can be off by a month or so.

What you are calling the build date is actually the Scheduled Production Date. Emphasis on the word scheduled. B11 would be November 11, 1969. That does not 100% mean it was built on that very day. More like 50/50 change. It was just planned to be built that day. Some cars like the Challenger T/A and Cuda AAR have 100's of car with the same SPD. No way they could have built that many cars that one day.

Are you trying to see how rare the car is, so you can put a value to it? Please realize there is a difference between rare and desirable.

There were lots of different options you could order on these cars. So there are lots of different possible combinations which make most any car "1 of a few" or more often than you think "1 of 1".

-
Back