Just got a 66 Barracuda home

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just as the title say, just got a 66 Barracuda that I won on eBay home tonight. :D It was about 60 miles from me. It's a white car with a nasty black interior :(, slant 6 with column shifted 904. Definitely needs a water pump and the radiator re-installed. Somethings up with either the gas tank or fuel line as the PO was driving it with a hose thru the pass vent window hooked to a 5 gal gas can on the pass floorboard:shock: Have to wait until tomorrow to really go over it with a fine tooth comb and see what else it needs. For the time being, gonna leave it a slant.

Looks like you have a fleet of early a-bodies. You must be a fan of them.

I've owned my 65 Dart GT convert since 84, the Barracuda arrived courtesy of an eBay contact and the wagon and Valiant were both won on eBay (wagon from CA and convert from NJ (and drove it home). Both the GT and wagon are getting rebuilt 340s, the Barracuda a rebuilt 273/235 motor (a 273 2 barrel is in it now) and the Valiant is keeping the slant but getting an 833 plus a triple SU intake or dual single Offy (got both but haven't decided yet).

Welcome to the 66 Barracuda owners organization. . . .
I've got a parts car I'll sell you for $20K . . . .LOL!

Have fun with the car. Parts are easy to find.

the Valiant is keeping the slant but getting an 833 plus a triple SU intake or dual single Offy (got both but haven't decided yet).

Don't know about triple SU's on a slant, but they are not worth the constant fiddling needed to keep them running right on a Datsun 240Z. Have the dual Offy on my '66 Valiant and love it. Started out with 2 1920 Holleys and they were a real PITA. If I hadn't spent so much on the manifold I'd a pitched it. Ran across Langdon's Stovebolt and they talked me into trying Holley/Webers. With their adapters it was night and day. Ran it for a while like that and finally took the manifold to a local machine shop and had them cut the carb flanges for the Weber base. Runs better than a slant has any right to and the mileage is liveable (25mpg) with an OD 833 and 3.55 rear gears. Just my $.02.

langdons is a great place. i've called them to pick tom langdon's brain on more than one occasion and he is truly a class act. i am also using a pair of their 2bbl holley/webers on a 230 chevy inline six, i went to these from a pair of carter yf 1bbls on an offy manifold and it was like night and day. made for a MUCH crisper and peppier motor. plus the price is right on those things!

old setup:
engine202.jpg

new setup:
100_1109.jpg

-tim

GGAAAACCCKKKKKK - - A BOWTIE!!!!.........

In an early van, by chance?

Langdon's also has bits for the old MOPAR flathead sixes. too!

yep thats right, its an early van, a 65 chev...

100_04141.jpg

i also have this....
economontage.jpg

always on the lookout for an A-100 in good shape but they are REALLY rare in my area.

-tim

To get the Barracuda home, had to hurry up and finish parting out a 69 Dodge slant 6, 3 speed A108 van. It was the Tradesman version (no glass in the side doors but did have pop-out windows in the rear doors. I'd much rather have the Barracuda instead of the van.

Welcome to the 66 Barracuda owners organization. . . .
I've got a parts car I'll sell you for $20K . . . .LOL!

Have fun with the car. Parts are easy to find.

He may be laughing out loud, but I think he is serious!!!! LOL...

I may have some parts too if required. by the way, the 66 is about the worst for finding alot of year specific parts. Good luck. and as for the gas pedal question, someone else pegged it by saying that you need the pedal that bolts to the floor of the car. I think I have a spare bracket.

I also have lots of parts that I won't be using. I have a 66 Barracuda that mostly parts now, and extra parts that are mostly 65 Valiant and Barracuda. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks for the offer of parts. Due to work, lack of daylight and just plain too cold, I haven't really had a chance to look the old girl over as thoroughly as I'd like. Looks like the major bolt-ons are in great shape as is the floors (no carpeting so easy to inspect). Speaking of carpeting there was a complete brand new black carpet set under that big ol' back glass. Where it was folded and hidden from the sun, still nice and black. Where the sun got to it, well . . you get the picture. Also came with a brand new white headliner (don't know why white when the original is black) Looks like the driver's quarter will require some rework. Interior is toast and has 65 Valiant/Barracuda buckets in it. Would like to find a set of core 66 seats at some point in time (not a big priority right now). Definitely needs a water pump for the slant and maybe a gas tank (PO running a rubber hose thru the pass vent window to a 5 gallon can on the pass floorboard!! Once I get this stuff sorted out, we'll see where we are. I am looking for a decent driver's fender for a 65 Valiant. Got this notion to swap the front clip from my 65 Dart wagon to a 65 Barracuda front end. I have everything except the fender. Anyway if I need anything for the 66, will give a shout (and I guess keep my eye on ebag.

-
Back