Just got another project.....but not an A-body

-
Update:
Found a "parts" car to use, but it's too good to chop up :banghead:. So I am using what is needed to put a 67 grill on the 66 and replacing them with the 66 parts. It will likely go back on the market for somebody else to start with. I paid $300 for this one so I don't think I have to worry about getting arrested!

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 269
WOW! Super jealous that you can find either of those for under $1000. That body style is one of my dream cars.

Oh, contact oldkimmer about a 727.. believe him when he says he has lots of them.

Congrats George. if the 66 grill is in good shape, run with it. Those grills are super hard to find. I had a 67 440 with 318 but swapped in a 383. Great car and I still miss it. Will be following this build.

Thanx guys. The 66 grill is in "savable condition" but it's a little roughed up. I acquired a decent 67 Coronet 500 grill complete with the parts car, but I really like the cross hairs like this one. I think I have one lined up, just waiting on a reply. Nothing's written in stone though, other than some hieroglyphs! :D

Attachments

• 67 grill.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 299
I like the 67 grills as well, like the pic above the 500's were slightly different with the medallion??

The 67 / 500 grill is the same as an R/T grill with a different center medallion, the R/T being a smooth invisible center. Neither of those have the cross hair bar across the center, they are just smooth all the way across. I think this one looks the best.

great finds and cool thread ...everyone loves a good B-body thread here LOL

you got some smoking deals on these cars....this is proof that there is still good stuff to be had out there for decent prices.

keep up the progress and happy mopar hunting :D :hello2:

I have to say, the more I look at it ...I really like the 66 grille.

the same thing happened to me on my 68 coronet ....I was dead set on changing it to a 69 coronet grille ....but then the more I looked at the 68 grille .....I decided to leave it the way it was .....so now I have a 68 with a 68 grille LOL.

I can see the family resemblance ......how the each year evolved from the previous year in style ...even though its hard to believe that my coronet is only two years difference from this one ....wow...they really changed them from 67 to 68.

I love them all :hello2:

don't think this is the grille you want ....but fabo member Mobodyman. (mr. Dallas) has this car ....he is selling the car ...not sure if he will part it out....but if your looking for anything might check with him.

Attachments

• IMG_7204%20(Small).JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 274
The one car I miss the most is my 66 coronet 500. Bought it off the original owner for $650 back in 1986. I'll have to dig up my pictures and try and scan them. Good luck with your new toy!

don't think this is the grille you want ....but fabo member Mobodyman. (mr. Dallas) has this car ....he is selling the car ...not sure if he will part it out....but if your looking for anything might check with him.

Rani,
That car is a '67. The grille is pushed it a bit on the right side as you can see in that pic, but I think it would straighten pretty easily.
Yes, I'm parting the car out, and still have the grille.
BTW, I love the '66-'67 B-bodies, and would trade ALL of my project and parts cars for the right one.
Dallas

Today was a welding day. When I removed the V8 k member from the parts car, I found an old repair that probably was strong enough, but very ugly. So I ground it out. It appears the control arm took a very large hit at some point! Tom, aka Dartnut, welded it back up and it looks 100% better. The next task was to repair a 67 hood that Tom had amongst his stash. Someone had cut for a scoop. The problem was they cut it right to the back and left no structure for strength. Again, Tom had a 69 Coronet hood that was damaged so I cut the repair section out of it and we welded it in place. It is not an exact match, but close enough for me. I didn't replace the sheet metal as I don't know where the air cleaner will be yet. Once the engine is installed I will complete the repair.

Thanx for the help Tom!

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 220
Just a tease that keeps me motivated. I ordered the Sherman patch panels for the rear quarters, so when I get back from work in a couple weeks, I will be attacking the rust.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 212
I'll be interested to see what those Sherman panels are like.

ZZ1 paint code is Gold metallic, but Plymouth calls it "Citron Gold", which has a kind of lime green tint.

Here's mine. Factory 383-4 a/c auto, radio "delete", in "YY1" Medium Bronze Poly.

Attachments

• DSCF4032 1024-2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 189
That looks good YY1! Doesn't even look like you need panels. For being similar colors, mine sure is A Lot greener! But it is very faded. Heck if it was even close to that color I might even keep it the same.

Attachments

• ZZ1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 209
That Charger looks closer to the ford "legend" lime.
I had a 71 torino that color, and it was a PITA to get color matched to.

The Coronet in the link appears to have faded, but original paint.

Today was a welding day. When I removed the V8 k member from the parts car, I found an old repair that probably was strong enough, but very ugly. So I ground it out. It appears the control arm took a very large hit at some point! Tom, aka Dartnut, welded it back up and it looks 100% better. The next task was to repair a 67 hood that Tom had amongst his stash. Someone had cut for a scoop. The problem was they cut it right to the back and left no structure for strength. Again, Tom had a 69 Coronet hood that was damaged so I cut the repair section out of it and we welded it in place. It is not an exact match, but close enough for me. I didn't replace the sheet metal as I don't know where the air cleaner will be yet. Once the engine is installed I will complete the repair.

Thanx for the help Tom!

You're welcome, George.
It's starting to come along nicely, i can't wait to see the new patch panels when they get here!

:D..........only one more week and I will be home to work with these!

Attachments

• IMG_9903.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_9234.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 192
FYI Classic 2 Current makes the panels for Sherman, the price directly from Classic 2 Current is alot less.

One of my patch panels from Classic 2 Current actually had a Sherman sticker on it.

Dang man!! I just looked at this thread for the second time and look at you go :blob::blob::blob::cheers: Life is good :rock:

If you have any extra dash chrome i need the drivers side piece.And the roof line pieces where top meets dutchman. mine are pitted.

-
Back