Just had these rims refinished

-

chasb

Reaction score
Blasted, Zinc'd, 2 coats of F3 light poly green, clearcoat. They are from a disc brakes 69 Dart. Having SSBC front disc kit installed as well.

Mounted on new redlines with mint dog dish caps

(Getting ready for my first ever show)

What do you guys think

Gonna try the show with the dog dish caps instead of the plain blackwalls and magnum caps

those look real nice chasb! looks like they did a great job on them. how do they look on the car? i bet they look real nice. post some more pics when you can of them on the car....

I'm more of the magnum style fan. But you did a fantastic job on those steelies. What size tire do you use for your spare? I tried a 215/70/14, and the diam was too great.

MtNemoMopar said:
I'm more of the magnum style fan. But you did a fantastic job on those steelies. What size tire do you use for your spare? I tried a 215/70/14, and the diam was too great.

I like the mags too. I'm gonna try the first show out with these and maybe switch them off for the next

My spare is the same as the blackwalls I have on now 195/70R14

The new redlines are 205/70/R14 front and 245/60/R14 in the rear

7demon2 said:
those look real nice chasb! looks like they did a great job on them. how do they look on the car? i bet they look real nice. post some more pics when you can of them on the car....

I'll post plenty of shots once they are on, and also from the show.ranchisee

A local Wheel Guy franchisee who restoers and even reconstructs wheels for every car know to man (he always has Ferraris and Maseratis etc in the bays) did the rims for me.

Expensive project

$ 95.00 each for the rims
$ 169 easch for the refinishing

But they were worth it They look real good

Thanks chasb. Hope you can post some pics with them installed. Good luck at the shows, this year.
I'm curious as to what came originally on your particular GTS. Mine was steel with dogs, but it's a cheaply optioned Swinger. I suppose most GTS's came with the mag covers?

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

MtNemoMopar said:
Thanks chasb. Hope you can post some pics with them installed. Good luck at the shows, this year.
I'm curious as to what came originally on your particular Swinger. Mine was steel with dogs.

Mine was originally an H code 383 GTS. It also came with the steels and dogs, so I was told, but the dogs were lost long ago. It also had drum brakes all around, which is why I had to get these new rims from a 69 dart disc brake junked car in Alabama so I could do the SSBC disc conversion.

BTW I left that part out of the project. The dogs cost $ 100 each.

-
Back