just how bad did the atlantic nats get?

-

jamesdart

Reaction score
this year HOT IMPORT NITES is the same saturday as the mopar atlantic nats at etown.

everyone sits home and boycotts the event, the turnout gets less and less each year. it looks like the fart pipe fest starts at 4. they do the cruise at 5 from the atlantic nats, if they still do it. i wonder how many ricers will show up early and ruin the nats. maybe i was seeing things and i read the wrong date. maybe...

The hot import night **** is suppose to start at 4 p.m. but we're usually still running "king of the hill"...so we'll see what happens,i know the event is getting weaker every year but what else is there up here in the northeast for Mopar weekend racing event..but as usual we'll be there all weekend:D

i have heard that they are thinking of making that a one day show. just talking to someone about it the other day

I Emailed Englishtown and they said that the Hot Import Nights show is the same day as the Mopar show, but it will be in a different area of the facility. How that will impact our racing, or if we will be bombarded with their crappy loud base driven music we will have to wait and see.

i have heard that they are thinking of making that a one day show. just talking to someone about it the other day

They make it a one day show,and i know 4 guys who have been racing at that event for a long time that won't be anymore,its not worth the 5 hour trip back and forth

the part that gets to me is its only about 10 miles from my house. it used to be one of if not the best mopar event around. i remember the cars stacked up at the hotel on 18 for the weeeknd. it could be brought back, there are still a lot of cars around. it will definitely become a 1 day event, unless people start showing up.

They make it a one day show,and i know 4 guys who have been racing at that event for a long time that won't be anymore,its not worth the 5 hour trip back and forth

hell whats another 4 people after the hundreds they already lost...lol

Oh man that sux! I thought that the Hot Import Nights was in Atlantic City? I really don't want to go if that friggin Import show is going on at the same time. LAME!

Just the negativity we need thanks:thumbdow::thumbdow:

more like reality. :)

it is what it is. dead. pull a sheet over it. it sucks because it used to be great. now it sucks. i used to work all night fri and sat and go there on sat and sun right from work. now if i have the weekend off maybe i'll go. this year i choose to go to OC MD. have heard nothing but good things about that event so i have to check it out. . oh well move on. i refuse to support an event that don't care to make it a nice experience for me. its like anything else. people talk with their money. take your attendance for granted and not top yourself year after year and not worry about a few people not coming this year, a few people not coming next year...etc...etc...etc.. it caught up with them. they got what they wanted. they fail to realize they they aren't the only game in town anymore. there are a ton of things to do that weekend and people are doing the other things because e-town slacked off and lost the edge.

I Emailed Englishtown and they said that the Hot Import Nights show is the same day as the Mopar show, but it will be in a different area of the facility. How that will impact our racing, or if we will be bombarded with their crappy loud base driven music we will have to wait and see.

whats even worse is when one of those lil ricers blow the doors off of a big ol hemi car...lol

i shot several emails back and forth with one of the owners earlier this year and instead of asking me for suggestions he named all the reasons it is lame. he knows where all the people are going. so i dont get it. they used to do the giveaways. like i care about that, i dont win ****, but like they cant make an agreement with some mopar supplier advertising for some parts, or even if they buy the parts... there are lots of ways to bring th ecrowd back. he then had some one else contact me which told me to call him to discuss this matter. i told him im too busy, just take 1/2 hr a day and go on a handfull of mopar forums, become a member and look for feedback from the members you can make the event into a goldmine if you chose to do so.

whats even worse is when one of those lil ricers blow the doors off of a big ol hemi car...lol

Not going to happen the imports are NOT racing with the "real" cars..their event starts after Mopars are done..by the way do they race at that oc event or is it just another LAME car show..

Not going to happen the imports are NOT racing with the "real" cars..their event starts after Mopars are done..by the way do they race at that oc event or is it just another LAME car show..

i figure i'll get a lot more seat time driving yes driving my car for 3 hours to the cruise. then all the time cruising around MD and then 3 hours driving yes driving my car home then you will get all year trailering your car to a track to go 1/4 mile at a time. :). oh and if and when i want to race i just drive yes drive five miles to atco raceway and race all i want. so don't give me that lame *** thing about racing at e-town. obviously most of the racers feel the same as i do about that joke of an event because your lucky if 25% of the racers that used to show up even think about going now. sorry but facts are facts.. spin it anyway you want but it is what it is. and that is DEAD

ahh joe is just an etown hater. he doesnt like to drive north and hang out with us city slickers. i have heard of the oc show. i heard its good. i used to religiously go to the wildwood show it used to be a great time. all the cars cruising around, spend th enights drinking with my buds. im not too into the cruise night and car show deal though, i try to just go to a few big shows each year. i used to be at etown every friday, some wendsdays and some saturdays hitting the 1/4. i love that track. i started going there as a little twirp with my dad over 20 years ago. its sad to see a good event go down the tubes, people do still show up just not as many, so what attracts the few that do show up? what is everyone really looking for to make it any better? im not into trophies, im not into setting up a chair and sitting at my car. its mopars, car show, swap meet and drag racing. get 10, 20, 30 however many of your buds and show up and have a good time. same way the forums get together at carlisle and other places, people could do it there. the northeast guys alone from these forums could bring along thier junk that they are never going to use, sell it, bring thier cars, show or race them, it could easily be a good turnout again. there wa sa guy i used to see all the time there with a green duster, a street strip car, hed come from canada, every year.

ahh joe is just an etown hater. he doesnt like to drive north and hang out with us city slickers.

lol.. i'm not a hater. just a realist. like i said before i used to work 10pm to 6am friday night and then drive the hour to the show. then i would work 10pm - 6am on sat night and then drive the hour to the show, i used to love that show. it was so close and it had everything. had the best show cars around,had a ton of parts i always found what i wanted and it had cool things like the hemi under glass, lil red wagon alderman and other cool cars racing. it was a total event. don garlits used to walk around the swap meet like a regular guy. it was just an awesome event. now it has nothing. the show cars are so so and not many even show up, the parts you can walk through in 10 minutes and there are no cool things that i can't see anywhere else running down the strip plus the staging lanes used to go all the way past the gas pumps when the event was good. now your lucky if they hit the bend in the fence. thats pathetic if you ask me. its just not worth the drive and admission price for me anymore. they really don't seem to care about making it better. that walt frey clown went around to a few sites a couple years ago asking what they can do to make it better and all he did was want to fight with guys that had suggestions. were there some stupid suggestions hell yea. but there were some really good ones that he just blew off. they got what they deserve. a joke of an event that is on its last legs.. if you can still go and have a good time then go do it. more power to ya. i'm not gonna try to stop ya. i'm doing other things myself.

i used to love to go to the top of the bleachers and just look at all the cars filling the lanes. it was like a normal sunday turnout, but pretty much all mopars. it was cool seeing all that stuff you mention but my favorite were the K.O.S. cars and the ss hemi cars. they used to actually HAVE to call cars by class there were so many, now if they chose to do so they could call everyone at once and the lanes still wouldnt fill up.

had to sit under that big tree for some shade..lol yea the KOS was cool.. i remember the black cuda hitting the gaurd rail one year.

I think everyone that has a mopar or loves mopar shoud just show up at the gate turn a round and go to atco for the day,also after hearing this I will never go to englishtown again.They lost a nother one. Mark

I think everyone that has a mopar or loves mopar shoud just show up at the gate turn a round and go to atco for the day,also after hearing this I will never go to englishtown again.They lost a nother one. Mark

I hear that. Saving my money for Carlisle... Question, does Englishtown still hold Mopars VS. The World Event?

yeah they still have mopar vs the world. youll really show them by turning around at the gate. the 16 yr old collecting the money is going to care.

yeah i hear its up to 50, which is a little lame for a 500 payout, but seriously, you want to run your car, you better be prepared to spend more than 50. he joe dont forget about the roadcoarse, nothing to do with the atl. nats. but they are supposed to have open days. you have all that fancy suspension **** on the dart, you have to get it on there.

-
Back