Just me again...

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I introduced myself towards the beginning of this year (I think) & the only pics I could come up with were pretty bad. I just dug the car out of storage & towed it home so I thought I'd try to post a few recent pics to show what I've got to work with. It's going to be a while before anything happens with the car.

:burnout:

Cuda 1.jpg

Cuda 2.jpg

Cuda 3.jpg

Cuda 4.jpg

Cuda 5.jpg

Welcome back, Hummmmmm time to get them hands dirty (or the wifes) :lol: Pics look good. Hope you enjoy your project.

Welcome 64 Cuda, nice to see another early A. Looks like your gonna need some parts there.
I like the scoop!

I should still have most of the trim, bumpers, tailights, etc. I should also still have an N.O.S. center section for the grille. It's going to need some work on the left rear quarter. It was damaged & fixed poorly before I bought the car so I'll be looking for some sheetmetal for that. I could also use new front & rear valences, & maybe new front bumper brackets, & trim for the rain gutters. I've already bought a set of used inner fenderwells to patch the holes I cut for fenderwell headers, & also another radiator core support from a later car to take care of the dinky offset radiator opening the factory put in the '64 a bodies. Other than the rust in the left rear it seems to be in pretty solid shape. It already has an 8.75 rear with 3.91 sure grip, & is an original 4 speed car. I'm pretty sure the trans is buried under all of the junk in the car.

welcome 64 cuda. I wish I had one like it. have a good thanksgiving.
and keep us posted on this fine A bodie. memike Arkansas

Welcome aboard Cuda, that a better starting point then some of us have had. Looks like a nice project for sure. Good luck on the valances!!

I spent some time in the barn today digging through the car a bit. Found my Isky adjustable rocker arms, the original 273 heads, my brand new Sun Super Tach II, a lot of mouse turds, etc. Here's some more pics. The first one is my BRAND NEW GRILLE, with the box in the background. I bought it new in September 1976 & it's still pristine. Gotta give somebody something to drool over before they look at the other pics.

The second one shows the pile of crap in the interior. It's almost enough to make you cry. You cant see it, but on the floor in front of the back seat is the original 833 trans. I hope it still has the MR. Gasket shifter I put on it. The factory Hurst is long gone but I'm working on a replacment.

The last picture shows the under hood area. I turned 49 ten days ago. I hope I live long enough to finish this mess........

Grille.jpg

Interior.jpg

Engine Compartment.jpg

-
Back