Just picked up a 64 GT

-

64dartwagon

Walking in Circles
Reaction score
I just picked up a 64 GT. /6 powersteering and push button tranny. Interior is in great shape. Craigslist special $900. Has some rust under the back glass due to the trim, which is all there still. And light fenderwell rust, floors look solid and the carpet is still decent. Needs at least one headlight trimring, trunk lock, and antennae. Newer 225, new ball joints and tie rods, idler, starter and regulator.

01020801040501031120080116c0a0fd6ce71237d563001933.jpg

010107010204010300200801162f6e2175adce36fd1c0045fc.jpg

010203010308010404200801164a9015924fcceb3f7d0045df.jpg

01010601020901030920080116827c6d7a6e4f2662a100900b.jpg

Cool car, I miss my 64 Dart GT. It drove nicer that my current 66 Valiant and was definitely more stylish the my 66.

Nice find !! a 64 dart gt, Congratulations .

Craigslist special $900 Wow!! I need to keep an eye on his sit

I brought it home today. And have already ordered two sets of windshield wiper seal kits, one for this and one for the wagon. I'm stoked, gonna pull the seats and carpet and check out the floor and dry the carpet out. And try to find the build sheets.

Good luck on the build sheet 64dartwagon:thumleft:

Pulled out the seats. No build sheet, figures. But I did find a box of chocolate covered ginger cookies, and a box of birds eye succotash. MMM goood. Pulled up the carpet and found only surface and just starting to ferment carpet and pad. Got the car in time to save the front metal. The back window botton has rust thru in a few spots, as there was stuff growing in the window trim pushing it out and opening up voids and filling with dirt/sponge for water. Only questions so far is "are there supposed to be latches for the front buckets to hold them from folding or do they just sit there under there own weight? Second the only seat belts are up front and they don't even have two buckles, just a kinda cinch deal like a old pant's belt." Let me know what you guys think of this or know. Thanks.

Only questions so far is "are there supposed to be latches for the front buckets to hold them from folding or do they just sit there under there own weight? Second the only seat belts are up front and they don't even have two buckles, just a kinda cinch deal like a old pant's belt." Let me know what you guys think of this or know. Thanks.

No latches for the front seats and seat belts supposed to have male and female ends like modern belts.

No latches for the front seats and seat belts supposed to have male and female ends like modern belts.

That's what I thought about the belts as my wagon has both male and female. I'm going to take a pic and post. Wonder if they were dealer optioned in as there are no back belts, or holes.

yeah, those arent stock

Sure they are, just happen to be dealer installed. You might see them on Barret Jackson next year as a one off very special order deal all by themselves. Most likely the factory missed them at the factory and the dealer threw them in to make good on the deal. I know I'd feel safe wearing them.
1087.gif

My car looks alot like that but my car has a black stripe and interior.In the 1970's the previous owner had installed the fenderwell headers.I have installed a 340 w/single plane strip dominator 750 edelbrock carb,528 solid purpleshaft,w/1969 bottom end.The car also has a 4 speed[factory]w/a8 3/4 rear w/391 sure-grip.The cops love the fact that they can hear it coming at least 2 blocks awaysince it's open headers.Out of hand to say the very least!Please feel free to get a hold of me just to chat or whatever.Oh yeah you might find a build sheeton the back of your glove box,under carpet,or under ANY seat front or back!

Anyone have a lock set with key? Trunk lock with tail, door locks? Matched set? Set of Seat Belts Either for the turquoise interior or black? Carb and aircleaner? It has a newer smogo carb that's been adapted to the early style twist linkage.

I have a trunk lock w/tail and key. Also have a set of turquiose belts.
My 64 only had front belts. I replaced them and added rears. Got an aqua/turquiose set from Yearwood a streetrod parts supplier. $20 each. They are pushbutton not lift style. Color is very close to OEM. I almost bought lift style but my daughter said the grandson could probably unbuckle himself in his car seat with that style......just something to consider.. I also have a set of 64 273 exhaust manifolds if anyone is interested?????????

Bob

64 Dart 270 2dr post
360/904 8 3/4 391 posi

Thanks BobsDart on those manifolds, this one's staying a /6 for a while. I am looking for a set of both doors and trunk that match. And for that price new from them $20 each I might just go that way.

Dart4Forte
I lived in Valley of Da' Hoe from 82-99. And Gradjamated in 91 from Valley Hoe' Hi

I thought that the door keys matched the ignition and the trunk key was seperate ? I saw a set on Ebay for $65.00 ( ignition, door, and trunk) not to long ago.

I thought that the door keys matched the ignition and the trunk key was seperate ? I saw a set on Ebay for $65.00 ( ignition, door, and trunk) not to long ago.

I don't know offhand, I'm used to all of mine matching, as my wagon does all, ign-doors-power tailgate.

Are they the same from 63-66?? I have found the set listed places for 66-72 but not earlier.

-
Back