Just saw my old (stolen) mags on Craigslist

-

g413

Reaction score
Back in 1969, I had my 1968 Roadrunner in the school auto shop to put on some headers. Over the weekend, someone got into the shop and my mags disappeared. I had traveled down to the Ansen shop in Southern California to pick them up. About a month later, someone told me to look at the mags on Bruno's Ford. Anyway, I could not prove anything, and the wheels were insured. Ansen mags were very rare back then, and I'm not positive these are the wheels, but I'm 98% sure. It still pisses me off - a little.

Ansen Mags.JPG

Were these stolen recently or back in 69???

Unless you stamped some ID on them or there are some marks on them from you running them, there is no way to be sure that those are yours... Also no way to know how the seller got a hold of them, they could have changed hands many times since...

They were stolen back in 1969. I'm not going to do anything about it now. I think back then that I did have the serial numbers. But they were lightly stamped on the inside of the wheels and it would have been difficult for me to get under Bruno's car and try to confirm during the school day. Yes, they have probably have changed hands several times.

Anytime you have a theft at a Body Shop, it's usually the Body Shop. Then they tell you that somebody broke in. These Guys have massive turnaround at these places and when they dont get that last paycheck, guess I'll help myself to some parts. Plus most Body Shops hire day workers, who are usually illegals, who love to steal.
When I take a Car to get painted, it is stripped off all parts possible, then I will assemble them back correctly on the Car myself. Nothing gets stolen or assembled incorrectly with half the original bolts.
I'd be willing to bet your buddy Bruno was buds with the Body Shop Owner...just sayin.

Anytime you have a theft at a Body Shop, it's usually the Body Shop. Then they tell you that somebody broke in. These Guys have massive turnaround at these places and when they dont get that last paycheck, guess I'll help myself to some parts. Plus most Body Shops hire day workers, who are usually illegals, who love to steal.
When I take a Car to get painted, it is stripped off all parts possible, then I will assemble them back correctly on the Car myself. Nothing gets stolen or assembled incorrectly with half the original bolts.
I'd be willing to bet your buddy Bruno was buds with the Body Shop Owner...just sayin.

One of my friends was in a prettt bad accident in his truck. The next day I asked him if he took his pistol out of the center console. We were at the shop within an hour of me mentioning that to him and the gun was already gone. Less than 24 hours and they had gone through the truck. He reported it stolen and got a call six months later that it was found during a raid on a dope house downtown.

The last thing he was thinking about after the accident was his processions but always try to remember.

Man, that was a long time ago..... time to let go.

But if it were me, just for ***** and giggles I would call the seller and ask for Bruno. If it is him tell him you are coming over to repo your mags.

I was in high school and worked up a 71 charger in auto class. Bought a set of rims and tires with hard earned money.
Once the car as finished it was parked in my driveway.
One day in the morning my mom woke me up and asked if I took the tires off my car.
The car was on blocks and tires GONE!
I am in law enforcment now (20 years) but still slightly butt hurt. When you are young it' traumatizing. I know how the OP feels

I always chained the hood thinking someone would steel the cheap chrome valve covers and a crappy holley 600!

Never had my wheels stolen,but did have my pinion snubber assembly taken from behind the appartments where I used to live. Kinda funny now looking back. What wasn't so funny was when they stole my 2 year old 84 stepside Ram pickup (in "86) -I still owed $8000 on it and had just dropped the full coverage because I was selling it. I ended up paying the loan off but had nothing to show for it but a title.NOW THAT IS A BUTT ACHE!!!

IMG_0017.JPG

The time to pursue it was a month after it happened and you had a tip..... and a name. Man, your talk'n 1969 and a set of rims....about 50 years.... know what I mean?

Dude. Buy them. But really? 49 yrs later & your still bi*ching about rims? Get over it!

I had my 57 Fairlane 500 in a shop to get 351C motor mounts welded in. 3 days later I picked it up and the 2 hi-lo horns were gone...same car got the trunk popped to get some JBL 8's in the back. did a number on the trunk, but the back doors were unlocked the whole time...

Would have never happened if you had driven an A body...those rims fit nothing

they're 14" inch wheels, no real loss. hell , I couldn't even get them on my charger if I wanted too. they'd hit the calipers

Someone tried to steal my Duster from my apartment complex when I lived in Denver (somewhat sketchy area) but they couldn't even manage to break the ignition lock cylinder loose. Even if they had I was doing engine work and it wouldn't have started lolol. Had to buy a new lock cylinder though, thank God for eBay I got a set for like $50.

If I ever move back to Denver or a more urban area I'm not bringing the Duster with me unless I can put it in a locked garage. Funny, people steal modified Subarus all the time (it's a CO thing) but can't figure out a 45-year-old American car LMAO.

Bruno ! lol ha ha ha what were you a cheerleader, man, that called for a behind the bleecher visit with Bruno.
Too late now, the fight would be pathetic and the wheels are 50 yrs old and someone else has possession of them.

Bruno got my brand new '73 Dart Sport 340 shortly after I purchased it back in early 1973. It was never found or recovered. Cops suspected it immediately went to a "chop shop" somewhere and was parted out. I, too, hate Bruno.

you to, man that Bruno must be one bad hombre . lol

Is this topic still draging on. Hope it doesn't go as long as this guy that posted it has been hunting down his rims?

-
Back