JUST SAW RUSH LAST NIGHT IN CONCERT in VANCOUVER WASHINGTON

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Rush since when 2112 came out in '76. Never saw them until last night. Awesome seats dead center 20 rows back. Man-they know how to put on a show. By buddy that went with me said he was trying to listen for any mistakes just to make sure they were human- Very precise music. I'm kicking myself for now seeing them years ago. When they came out for the onchour (sp?) they were throwing out t-shirts- my buddy says- man, they can't throw this far back- looked like the 1st 10 row were geting them all. I bend down to pickup something and one drops right in front of me on the persons seat!! I fought another guy for it and got it. One hell of a fun time!! Doesn't get much better with out being illegal! I'll post pictures later today.:happy7::toothy7:

I saw them for the first time last year. Impressive to say the least. That's alot of talent packed into just 3 people.

I have never seen them :sad7:
But enjoyed the 2112 8 track back in the day throwing Frisbee and babes :hippy2:
Congratulation's :eek:ccasion:that had to be a heck of a great show.
I am glad you stayed strong on the T-Shirt to cool

Still remember showing a couple of guys the "All the Worlds a Stage" album I had just picked up on my way to Confirmation (like Catechism (sp)) but only 2 years lol.. Of course, my Pastor asked to see what we were looking at. His expression when he saw the Pentagram on the cover was pricelss..

Worth it evertime I've seen them.

Grant

Im wicked jealous Mike! I wanted to go real bad but none of my friends wanted to and I just cant be that guy that goes alone.

Im wicked jealous Mike! I wanted to go real bad but none of my friends wanted to and I just cant be that guy that goes alone.
Dude- I know the feeling- but the cool thing when I was younger is you were almost always guaranteed to meet up with some fun people and maybe a date... We should get a thread going for people going to concerts to have a party! Maybe I'll sell the tshirt on here or have a fund raiser for some one to get it.

I say Rush in Chicago at the Ampitheatre...I think it was the "Moving Pictures" tour. Center aisle, 7th row, paid a scalper $50 for the tickets. Coulds bought a lot of albums but being there live was the best!

Saw them last year in Auburn at the Amphitheater. Awesome show. Can't wait to see them again.

They played 2 new songs from their up coming album that's supposed to be out at the end of the year. Plan on another tour they say!!

Put me first in line for that t-shirt if you decide to get rid of it. :-D I've seen them five times and would go see them fifty more! Never a disappointment.

They had a hilarious video before coming out on stage - Neil was a crouchety old cop sitting at a cafe drinking coffee, Geddy was the owner of the cafe and looked just bizzare with his hair cut, monicle (is that the right term? - eye piece), and Alex was a HUGE fat dude whos name was Slobovich. he was the manager of three guys that were called RASH. He has a time machine that basically did what it was... I have some of it on video from my phone but it's not very good quality.

Love Rush! The most incredibly talented trio on the planet!

Saw every tour from Grace Under Pressure to Counterparts. Guess it's been a while since I've seen them now LOL

If you get a chance, check out the documentary, "Beyond the Lighted Stage." There is some amazing video of them in their teens talking with their parents about playing music. They are the greatest rock band NOT in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! It's a crime that they have been snubbed like that

Love Rush! The most incredibly talented trio on the planet!

Saw every tour from Grace Under Pressure to Counterparts. Guess it's been a while since I've seen them now LOL

If you get a chance, check out the documentary, "Beyond the Lighted Stage." There is some amazing video of them in their teens talking with their parents about playing music. They are the greatest rock band NOT in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! It's a crime that they have been snubbed like that
Gary- I bought that for Christmas to myself. Funny and very informative video. Geddy and Alex are the biggest screwballs- cool to see two kids grow up together and still be buds many decades later. I always thought that Neil was too cool but he really had to prove himself the Geddy and Alec. A must have video for Rush fans!

Pictures are on another thread!!!

-
Back