Just snagged a motorhome 727, the only thing i'll need is a driveshaft?

-

Vamisk

Reaction score
Well, now i have two BB 727s except they're both short tailshaft 727's. One is definetly out of a motorhome because it came with the motorhome 440 i just bought and the other is still a short tailshaft anyway.
Neither had a drum brake on the end but the one with the 440 has a slip yoke and a cut section of driveshaft.
I did a bunch of searches and i'm led to believe all i'll need to really make this work in my Duster is a driveshaft with a slip joint in it? I'm assuming a 4x4 driveshaft will work but can anyone confirm?

I reckon the torque converter is also wildly inappropriate for a small car, i guess it depends on what motorhome it came out of but is it safe to assume this TC is useless for my application?

Useless is a strong word. Keep the RV cam in it, and the 2.76 gears and start it in 2nd.....did the 440 Motorhome motors have exhaust valve rotators?

Not sure what i'm looking for with exhaust valve rotators. Sounds like they rotated the exhaust valves but why?

I plan on just slapping all the accessories on it and then running it as is but i don't want the car to be a dog either.

20180609_200325.jpg

see the funny button top retainers on the exhaust valves? They actually rotate the valve on each actuation, supposed to keep the seats clear...They are not really a hi-po piece and one more thing that can fail and you can live without. RV heads may also take a different 'peanut' plug.

-
Back