Just took a joyride in the duster

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
So im shaking right now cause this car is so damn fast, and wanted to see wat you guys think about this. I was driving it ( new stroker motor by the way) and everything looked pretty good to me , one thing is after about 10 mins or so I noticed the oil pressure go down from 75 to about60 and it stayed there for the rest if the drive temp was at around 170 steady the whole time and fuel pressure was at 7.5-8 psi is that oil pressure drop normal after the car reaches operating temp?? Idles perfect at1100 rpms and scares the **** out of me everytime

As the oil heats up to 200-250 degrees,it thins out and the pressure drops a small amount,what you have is normal,as long as you run high quality oil(20/50) you will be fine,MMT

60 psi actually sounds a bit high, so no worries. I would think the drop is normal. As the oil heats, the pressure relief in the pump must close more since more volume is then flowing thru the bearings. A simple proportional control like that does not hold a fixed setpoint. The setpoint droops with the load. The same question comes up as to why the coolant thermostat doesn't hold an exact temperature setpoint.

My 360 with Brad Penn 50w starts out at 80psi after driving for 1/2 hr or so it will drop to 60psi and maintain that,

Pressure of any fluid is based off of that fluids viscosity...as the engine oil warms, the pressure will drop. Just the way it is.

-
Back