Just what I would give my kid for Xmas (not)

-
I most definitely wouldn't give it to my kids either looks dangerous. But it is really cool I wouldn't mind having it lol! Its not 2500 bucks cool but cool nonetheless.

Reminds me of those functional model steam engines we played with as kids back in the '60's.

steam.png

My goodness no! Although it is unique, and inviting to look at. But there is no way I would stoke that boiler up with a full head of steam, let alone put my child on it......Danger Will Robinson!

Yeah, I think even if an adult wanted to try that thing out, all the tubing and boiler should be replaced first. That thing looks like an explosion waiting to happen.

Seems to me it depends on how old your "kid" is LOL When I was very young my Dad's then boss.....owner of the local smalls town NAPA/ Johnson outboard dealer had a small lathe in the store, a little Atlas, and later a South Bend. He made model steam engines for a hobby........which irritated Dad because all this was in the way of the outboard repair work bench.......but he just ran them off compressed air

As a guy who used to do HVAC/R service, and worked on a few---damn few-- boilers, I'm well aware of the dangers. "Something like this" is certainly not under any underwriter's control

-
Back