JW Ultra Bellhousing (Wanted)

-
I don't have one, but I do have some advice if you care for it.

I had an Ultra Bell on order for over 6 months for my Dart. They kept saying 30 more days everytime I called. this was 2 years ago.

I finally grew tired of it, and ordered the TCI conversion kit with the plate. After I received it, I was glad that I went that route instead.

They plate can be used as a mid plate, but I cut mine out after bolting it to the trans, and tracing around it with a marker. It is barely visible sticking out from behind the engine.
Stock Mopar mini starter bolts in.

The advantage to the TCI plate system is that you also don't have to cut the bell housing off of the Powerglide. This allows you to be able to sell it to a Chevy guy later, if you ever wanted to get rid of it.

Just food for thought. Good luck with your conversion.

I can get a new JW bell housing that is no problem and No wait they are in stock.We have never had a problem getting them ever powerglide we had had either Mopar or straight up chevy has always had a JW Ultra Bell on them.I was just looking for a used one to save a few $$ I have try the plate and Do Not like them.We just throwed one of those plates away about 2 years ago.Even with the plate I still got to have a shield around the bell housing per NHRA & IHRA rules.Plus I do not have that much room for the shield on top of the stock bell housing.It is going to be very tight now and I will have to cut the floor some for it to clear.

Why not use a Reid bell housing? They are SFI rated, reasonably priced and available at Jegs.

Why not use a Reid bell housing? They are SFI rated, reasonably priced and available at Jegs.

The reid case is $2 higher than the JW Ultra bell I can get the JW Bell for $366.54 at Barnett with my IHRA membership it is $459 at Jegs But it is $410.80 at Jegs with my IHRA membership.
I am just looking to see if there is a good use one around.

The Reid Bell housing only works with the Reid Superglide case and ($875) for case.Will not work with a factory PG transmission

The reid case is $2 higher than the JW Ultra bell I can get the JW Bell for $366.54 at Barnett with my IHRA membership it is $459 at Jegs But it is $410.80 at Jegs with my IHRA membership.

The Reid Bell housing only works with the Reid Superglide case and ($875) for case.Will not work with a factory PG transmission

Good info. I bolted mine between a built 200R4 & an injected 408" Magnum. WAY better than using a Wilcap plate, and I was able to use the factory EFI tone ring flex plate.

There is no comparison from Reid to JW. For one completely different casting process. The other is Reid bolts to Reid cases as well as the newer BTE case. ATI can alter their 400 case for the Reid bells as well. Look up PG1000 Reid case. You'll quickly see it is not the hacked off stock case we used to have to run. These new transmission cases are race quality and do not require any sheild. And yes I sell them.

Thanks on all the info but we have ran JW bellhousing since 1992 on mopars and chevys we have not had any problems with them also never have had to use the starter shims on the mopar either.
As for the Reid Bell housing I am NOT looking for one of those first I do not have a reid case and I am not plan on buying a reid case I have a factory PG case and the trans is together and have a spare.I was just looking to see if someone had a Used one if not I will buy a new one.

-
Back