K/D super servo's

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Shift Technologies K/D front band super servo's. They are claiming 11% more holding capicity and firmer shifts just by using their front servo's. I was thinking of getting one and pairing it with a Transgo TF-SC kit. What are your thoughts? Just trying to firm up the shifts some on a near stock rebuild.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!h4E5dG8bt!BBOeRUdP-bw~~60_1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 221
Has anyone used the Shift Technologies K/D front band super servo's. They are claiming 11% more holding capicity and firmer shifts just by using their front servo's. I was thinking of getting one and pairing it with a Transgo TF-SC kit. What are your thoughts? Just trying to firm up the shifts some on a near stock rebuild.

If you're just putting in the small SK kit, don't bother with the servo. I've sold them in the past, but they went either in a high performance or HD diesel application. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, just that on a near stock rebuild, it's not needed.

If you're just putting in the small SK kit, don't bother with the servo. I've sold them in the past, but they went either in a high performance or HD diesel application. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, just that on a near stock rebuild, it's not needed.

Agreed

Should I upgrade the existing servo's in the trans now, with ones that have the inner and outter springs? It shifts soft and rather quickly with 2-3 shift. The trans has been rebuilt, and if I adjust my K/D back any more I will only have about 3/4 throttle.
Thanks!

All that servo stuff is really a bunch of hooha up to the point of a pretty hot street/race car or an HD truck application. All you really need is a good shift kit and good quality rigid bands.

Properly installed the TF-SC shift kit in your application is an excellant choice. My Challenger (1974-360 STOCK) has one put in it. On WOT it'll bark the tires like I had a larger more agressive kit in it, yet under normal throttle, it shifts just slightly firmer than a stock 727. Because I worked in the industry, I know a lot of good builders. As my car had sat for almost 30 years with less than 3000 miles on it during that time period, the transmission had a lot of leaks so I had it re-sealed and gone through. The builder knew what I was going to do with the car, so he suggested just the small kit vs the TF-2. A good choice.

all that servo stuff is really a bunch of hooha up to the point of a pretty hot street/race car or an hd truck application. All you really need is a good shift kit and good quality rigid bands.

x2 and unless you're rebuilding the trans and going to beat on it, even the rigid bands might be over-kill.

that K/D servo will make a torqueflights 2-3 over lap issue worse.

CRT 727 DUAL RING FRONT BILLET SERVO
fits 727, 518, 618, 46RH, 46RE, 47RH, 47RE, and 48RE transmissions.
This servo is based off of the highly desired 71 and earlier Chrysler “small pin” servo that is ideal for use in performance transmissions, only this one is much better. The piston and cover are CNC machined out of solid 6061 billet aluminum and the shaft is CNC machined from prehardened 4140 steel. There are 2 return springs custom made out of stainless steel that will help eliminate the 2-3 shift overlap that these transmissions are known for. There is a custom made metal gapless sealing ring that seals the cover to the case, and also a o-ring in the cover that seals it to the shaft. The o-ring and the gapless ring work together to eliminate internal leakage and allows more oil get to 3rd gear where it is needed most. The piston has 4 total sealing rings, doubling the sealing capacity of the original Chrysler servos.

10490268_10203208156477994_431636746_n.jpg

10517066_10203208158318040_294058122_n.jpg

10516990_10203208157038008_1875077476_n.jpg

$145.00

that K/D servo will make a torqueflights 2-3 over lap issue worse.

CRT 727 DUAL RING FRONT BILLET SERVO
fits 727, 518, 618, 46RH, 46RE, 47RH, 47RE, and 48RE transmissions.
This servo is based off of the highly desired 71 and earlier Chrysler “small pin” servo that is ideal for use in performance transmissions, only this one is much better. The piston and cover are CNC machined out of solid 6061 billet aluminum and the shaft is CNC machined from prehardened 4140 steel. There are 2 return springs custom made out of stainless steel that will help eliminate the 2-3 shift overlap that these transmissions are known for. There is a custom made metal gapless sealing ring that seals the cover to the case, and also a o-ring in the cover that seals it to the shaft. The o-ring and the gapless ring work together to eliminate internal leakage and allows more oil get to 3rd gear where it is needed most. The piston has 4 total sealing rings, doubling the sealing capacity of the original Chrysler servos.

$145.00
Would this be good for a street car that does 80% highway and the track 4 or 5 times a summer ? What is 2-3 overlap . thanks .

Other than the Transgo small kit, and possibly upgrading the front servo, should I do anyhing else while I am in there? I haven't gotten the kit delivered yet so I have not read the instructions yet to see what needs to be done.

2-3 overlap is when the band hasnt fully released and the direct clutch applies giving a bump feeling shifting to third. some think its a firm shift but acually two gears on at the same time. ive seen some builders use the large pin servo and take the tiny spring out and shim it with a washer and put the snap ring back in. this takes the accumulation out of it and kind of makes it like the early small pin servo's. i see that the rigid bands are comming back in style, but to expensive for a normal build. good for a high torque diesel though.

This is where the rigid bands help. That's why I like them. They release quicker than the floppy bands and help eliminate overlap.

For the street,,just buy the MP shift improver kit for 727, it has a new blocked 5/8" piston in a new servo. Block the accumulator down with a metal tube. Then add the Transgo kit for the valvebody. Or leave the skinny rod servo that is standard in an La 904-9, it does not have a staged apply. But its weak due to less diameter, to keep steady when extended. Add shims to the rear apply servo to hit harder.

-
Back