K frame cracked?

-

ThogtheCaveman

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Is the K frame supposed to look like this? It looks like it is cracked, and somebody welded part of it. Is this factory? By the way, this is on a '69 dart, it is a slant 6 k frame, if that makes any difference....... This is the view of the underside of the it...

DSCF0639 (Small).JPG

DSCF0640 (Small).JPG

DSCF0641 (Small).JPG

DSCF0644 (Small).JPG

By looking at the last pics there is something moving. :salute:
but it does look like a factory splice, Just re checked :thumbup:

Mine`s similar to yours. It appears that maybe the original weld and a small piece of the metal broke off and someone fixed it. I don`t think Chrysler cared much what that joint looked like anyway.

And the topside looks like?

I would say that looks like a stock mopar shitty weld job!

Cerwin said:
And the topside looks like?

I would say that looks like a stock mopar shitty weld job!

The topside looks ok. Well, if that's what it is supposed to look like...I guess it will do....until I get an alterkations!!! :thumbup:

DSCF0646 (Small).JPG

DSCF0647 (Small).JPG

DSCF0648 (Small).JPG

ThogtheCaveman said:
The topside looks ok. Well, if that's what it is supposed to look like...I guess it will do....until I get an alterkations!!! :thumbup:

Yeah, you're good to go. Actually I've even seen worse factory welding on some of the k members. Those (and possibly yours) were probably welded on a Monday or Friday......LOL.

dustertogo said:
Yeah, you're good to go. Actually I've even seen worse factory welding on some of the k members. Those (and possibly yours) were probably welded on a Monday or Friday......LOL.

1969 too, after a lunchtime doobie.

the k frame on my duster is out of a /6 and it looks just like that with a few waves in it lol. I'm just gunna weld a nice little chunk of 10 ga. on the bottom ,cut to fit. will look better than new and could'nt hurt with the 383 in there now

-
Back