K-Frame ID

-

stretch

I cut my cars!
Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a V-8 K-Frame for my '65 Valiant. I found one but want to make sure it is in fact a V8 K-member. Do any of you have pictures or measurements of the two?

I checked the Schumacher sight and if their information is correct, the Slant six and V-8 K's are one in the same. Do any of you know if this is true?

The same guy has a set of V8 torsion bars. I would like to be sure that they are indeed V8 bars. Do any of you know what the part #s are for the early A V8 Bars?

Thanks in advance
Jason

The K Frame is the same, the Motor Mount Brackets and Center Link are the parts you need to swap when going from Slant 6 to V8.

Also if you're going 340/360, you need to shim the Early A V8 Brackets a little bit with washers, because the ears on the block are a little different (Driver's Side Only) on the 340/360)

I am going with a 340 A833 combo, Thanks for the help. I already have the center link so it looks like I only need the Torsion bars. From what I understand, the bars are the same for A-Bodys up into the '70's Do any of you have part #s for the v-8 bars or know where I could find that info?

Thanks for the quick response and all the help
Jason

torsion%252520bars.jpg

Why buy used torsion bars when new ones are not bad priced. Who knows how many up and downs they have on them.

Sorry- I've broken a few. I always go new for springs and other parts that move alot.

I have never broken a torsion bar. I have seen exactly 2 broken bars. One broke where it had a nick in it and the other was in a Demon a buddy had when we were kids. We didn't know about the importance of left and right and putting them back where they came from. As long as you put them in according to how they are marked (left and right) and make sure they are nick free from end to end they will be fine in most cases.

I agree with you when it comes to new springs. I worked in a spring shop for 15 years. In fact I made the rear springs that are in my charger. I've seen more than my fair share of broken or sagged leaf springs and coils.

I have never broken a torsion bar. I have seen exactly 2 broken bars. One broke where it had a nick in it and the other was in a Demon a buddy had when we were kids. We didn't know about the importance of left and right and putting them back where they came from. As long as you put them in according to how they are marked (left and right) and make sure they are nick free from end to end they will be fine in most cases.

I agree with you when it comes to new springs. I worked in a spring shop for 15 years. In fact I made the rear springs that are in my charger. I've seen more than my fair share of broken or sagged leaf springs and coils.

Also the rear sockets need to be greased and have good seals. If they seize in their sockets they are gona break!

-
Back