K Frame Question

-
B

bassguy1970

I'm pulling out my kframe, this is kind of a dumb question but. Dooes anyone know what size the nuts are that hold the k frame in? I need to get it, and don't really need a whole set. Thanks for any info.

The bolt head is a 1&1/16 inch hex . They are extremely tight !
Borrow a good 6 point impact grade socket rather than buy and break a bunch of cheap stuff.

thanks alot. starting to see some progress on my hot rod. Thanks to you guys that have been there done that.

Your talking the nut right, not the bolt? Redfish is probably right on the nut size but those are welded in inside the frame. How are you planning on getting the old one out and a new one in?? At least they are on my 67 and it would take cutting into the frame rail from the top to get a decent angle on it.

A couple of years ago, I went to the local U-Pull-It to score the K-frame and a few other parts. The car was a total rust bucket that lived it's whole life at the beach.
After breaking a 3/4 inch AND a 1 inch breaker bar (using a 6ft exhaustpipe/cheater bar) I got smart.
I took a piece of vacuum tubing and slid the one end of it into a hole in the frame by each nut, wiggled the end onto the threads and poured some brake fluid down the outside of the hose and soaked each bolt.
Brake fluid is a great rust buster/ lube and 20 minutes later the whole thing was on the ground.

-
Back