k frame swap ?

-

kensdodge1

Reaction score
needed to replace this messed up kframe
100_0389.jpg

so i got a smokin deal or so i thought on a mint small block k frame apparently its a 67 only kframe with the sway bar and the goofy idler arm.
My question is should i just rebuild the enge tower or rebuild the idler arm mount?

Doin the engine mount seems a lil more feasible

Is the 67 k frame worth anything?

Get it beadblasted first and then you can get a real good look at the factory welds which will probably surprise you as to how much they aren't there and will need to be gone over. If the member is solid, I think it's worth using. From the picture it kinda looks like the same idler bracket I have on my 69 Dart. Looks usable to me.

If your building-- modify the idler arm to use the 68 & later style--- there has been a thread on that somewhere, the 67 "K' is not wanted-- unless you get extremely lucky with the time & need for selling it..

Lawrence

VDART is right about the idler arm. The bracket is hard to see clearly, but is the arm sitting inside a support that has a upper and lower perch for the arm to sit on? 67's didn't have that style as far as I know.

I ran into the same problem with my '67 ragtop Dart, the previous owner did not properly torque the idler arm's nut attaching it to K member. I drove the car 10,000 miles before discovering my poor attention to detail of not checking that one loose nut because it was imposable to land a socket onto it under a slant six… It had wallowed out making it imposable to get a good movement free connection.

I tried reaming & rebushing the 67 male member cantilevered from K Member several times accomplishing nothing but wasting time, and effort. The fix that solved the problem is in this thread with photos:
http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=357299#357299

the pic is of my 69 k frame the engine mt on the pass side is a cobbed up mess. I just cut the 69 idler arm bracket off and welded it onto the 67 k frame. Thanks Yall

Frankly, I'd look for the 73/ up frame. It will have the later "spool" engine mounts and the late model sway bar setup.

thanks but thats just not in the budget at this time if anyone wants or needs the idler arm bracket for a 67 pm me

FILE0229.jpg

FILE0230.jpg

-
Back