k-member swap

-

bama-a-body

Reaction score
is it easier to take motor trans and kmember out at the same time if you need the v8 kmember in a /six car and what all is involved ?????8)

You would need a car lift or some thing to lift the front end of the car up enough to clear the motor and slide it out. Block up the K member and trans then unhook every thing from the motor and trans and take off the T bars and the bolts from the K frame and trany croos member. Then when every thing is loose, you got to get the front of the car up high enough to clear every thing and pull it out from under the car. Puting the K frame on a dolly ro some thing that rolls would be nice or a plywood board so you can slide it all out mabby or a comealong would do it too.

oh my ..... will the front sus. come with or is that an unhook deal too

oh my ..... will the front sus. come with or is that an unhook deal too

You can unhook the stering shaft at the pot coupling and leave the gear box and stering in the car. LCA's and brakes can stay on too. Same with the UCA's. All you need to do is take the bolts out of the UCA's that are in the inner fenders and just leave them atached on the other end. Same with the shocks. Just take the nut off the top where it mounts in the in side of the inner fender and you can leave them atached at the bottum.

Good luck.
Russell

thx duck i really like this site an hopefully will have my swinger running soon

thx for the info burntorange love that color it rocks out of the norm

-
Back