K-member

-

73dartsport360

Reaction score
I have a 73 dart sport, i need to know what i can yank a k member out of to put in my dart. (will a k member from a 75-78 cordoba fit?) or one out of a 80 new port/ st . regis?
thanks
brandon

I THINK you have to have one from a 67 through 76 A body. 67 uses an odd & expensive pitman arm, at least on the Barracudas. Somebody else will probably ring in here if I'm wrong.

If you want to keep the same engine mounts that you have now, your best bet will be to stick with a 73 - 76 A body K frame. You can't swap in other body K frames. 67 up will fit but, sway bars won't swap over either.
See here for some more info http://www.engine-swaps.com

Are you pulling your current K-member for the exercise, or is there something specific you are trying to accomplish: slant6 to V-8 swap, current one cracked or broken, no K-frame at all?........ :thumbup:

I think it is bent (possibly wrecked previously) i've had trouble with my tti headers touching the idler arm "tried different idler arms, brands years etc.!!!) and it just seems tweaked. I'm going to rebuild the front end anyway, so i thought about redoing a different k member and swapping it in. I have a 75 cordoba and a 80 st.regis.
I took a idler arm to work and tweaked it to clear and had it re-aligned but thats just a patch if the k member is bent. :sad:

Only an a-body k-member will work, but that is likely not your problem. The oddball part in 67 is the idler arm, not the pitman arm. Sway bars can be swapped early bar on a late k-member, but not late bar on an early k-member without cutting. Check for straight operation of the center link.

-
Back