k member

-

dartlove

Reaction score
I have a slant six car converting to v8. does anybody know if I will need to swap
k members? looks as if the six is way far to the left. By the way it is a small block.

From what I have read the same K frame is used but you will need the V8 center link. Maybe someone will come along and verify this for you.

66-older used the same k-member for V8 and slant. Engine brackets are different, centerlink is different except in 66 they all used the V8 link.

By the way, it's been a long time since I've been through Gridley. Fifteen years or so...

Yes, what they said ^ the K is the same and here's a pic of the center link you need. I think it is 1" dia with about 1 3/4 drop and the /6 is smaller dia with less drop.

Attachments

• V8steeringLink 003.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 195
centerlink is different except in 66 they all used the V8 link.

They didn't all have a V8 link in them. I had to change mine when I put the smallblock in mine and a friend of mine had to do the same. Not sure where everyone keeps getting this info. Dennis

Thanks all for your help. I am going to look for that right now.

Jim it has been a while for me and fresno. I was born and raised there.

Emnestor thanks for the offer but we are going with motor plates.

When did you leave Fresno? My grandparents lived in Chico which is why I went through Gridley many times.

i think you'll also need an oil pan with the dimples to clear the pitman and idler arm.

thats my my 273 66 dart has.

-
Back