Keeping that smell

-

Lecki6

Reaction score
I am going to be replacing my entire interior.. Going to paint and use some kind of sound deadening material... But I LOVE that old car smell of vinyl and carpet.. Reminds me of the smell of my moms old jeep.. Will it go away or does new vinyl/carpet and headliners make a similar smell? Lol most people seem to want to get rid of it, I guess I'm weird

Most of the smell will go away.

Cut a piece of the old carpet the shape of a pine tree and hang if from your rear view mirror. ..

it will remain. It will continue to run rich, drip oil, burn oil, leak trans fluid, leak gear lube and offend tree huggers everywhere. carry on you are safe other than you smell funny:D

New car smell is what cars are made of.
When they are new it is a combination of paint, undercoating, plastic, vinyl and rubber that is still fresh.
As the cars age these materials cure or dry out and the new smell fades. Some of these materials will absorb other smells along the way.
The way I see it replacing carpet, seat covers & foam, wire, rubber weather seals and some paint just gets it closer to it was when new. Not a bad thing at all.
My car had absorbed the smell of the mice that took up residence and I was glad to have the
new car smell again. Even if it is glue, paint and vinyl outgassing as it ages.

There's nothing finer than the smell of a new car, except maybe for...

[ame]https://youtu.be/QzFNteI3Wcc[/ame]

-
Back