-
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Like the title says im looking for a kelsey hayes brake line hold down mount that attaches to the caliper bolts. Let me know what you have.
I do currently have one but not sure what side it is for or if they are both identical. thanks
mark

Mark I just landed my brake lines on my setup over the weekend them brackets are labeled L+ R ill try and post some pics in the morning the line from the caliper to the bracket is a pita it took me about two hours a piece to bend up a 8 inch line
Aaron

Those caliper hose brackets are on the unobtanium, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, list, now-a-days.
They are Very hard to find, let alone to purchase from someone.
I can't even source them anymore, in my rebuilding side line business.
I probably bought up all the ones that were ever available from members, in the past.

So what were people doing running the brakes without the brackets?? I have bought two sets to get all the parts i need for my conversion and i can guarantee the sellers didnt remove the brackets before they sold them, since the bolts were seized to the spindle so nicely. I actually have the two lines needed that attach to the bracket and caliper but i think i will just buy a new set anyways.

I have often thought of where caliper hose brackets, and mounting bolts have gone from some of the brake set up's that i purchased in the past years.
Guess when others disassembled parts, they never got put back onto the complete assembly, then throughout years of storage, and moving around, parts get lost in the process.

Wow, rusted mount bolts to the spindles.
Where i'm at, i never would run across anything like that, being in California.
Sure glad that i don't have to work on rusted to death parts, and cars.
Happy to get things from out west here in California, Nevada, Arizona, where rust isn't an issue at all.

Since these are not obtainable usually, what's the going rate for them if you had a pair?

Since these are not obtainable usually, what's the going rate for them if you had a pair?

In the past, i have paid up to $50.00 to get a pair of those brackets.
But that was my spending limit.
And of course someone other than me knew how hard to sourse them were, to sell at that price.
JV.

At that price i would be alot better just finding another complete set, grabbing the brackets and selling the set off. Or just making my own if i had the other correct one to copy lol.

I once looked into getting those brackets, and mount bolts reproduced locally at two different type of industrial, machine shop, fabrication, tool shops.
The cost to do that for the little guy, is too cost prohibitive to get done, and undertake.
The cost for a minimum run to be made, one could never sell them off, and you would have your money tied up for years, before a profit could ever be obtained.

Hi Mark,
I just did the the KH disk brake conversion on my car.

Seems like in a pinch you could fabricate your own bracket.

The missing one should be a mirror image of the one you have.

Then down the road, replace it, if you come across the proper bracket.

Paul

At that price i would be alot better just finding another complete set, grabbing the brackets and selling the set off. Or just making my own if i had the other correct one to copy lol.

Hi Mark,
I just did the the KH disk brake conversion on my car.

Seems like in a pinch you could fabricate your own bracket.

The missing one should be a mirror image of the one you have.

Then down the road, replace it, if you come across the proper bracket.

Paul

its the only choice apparently...

sounds like thats what were gona have to do...

i'll try to remember to get pics...

I just found a set buried in my garage. I need them but here it the picture at least.

IMAG0597.jpg

Picture.
Of mounts, and bolts, that i once had.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes Parts [640x480].jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 132
It is likely that a lot of the brackets got lost at repair shops when brakes were done. Unfortunately this is an area where the Mustang calipers are different, but could solve the problem. The Mustang calipers have the fluid inlet in a different location and rebuilt calipers might be cheaper, too.

If I remember correctly the brackets are only a mirror-image in how they are bent, but are actually the same cutout. It would not be very hard to make up a crude set that would work.

Like the title says im looking for a kelsey hayes brake line hold down mount that attaches to the caliper bolts. Let me know what you have.
I do currently have one but not sure what side it is for or if they are both identical. thanks
mark

Mark,
yes there is a left and right.
Here's is are prototype bracket just done test fitting. Jim's 70 Dart and I (davescuda) will be selling them for 40.00 a pair. They will be out soon.
just a heads up. They are just like the factory ones, star shape center. We do not know if we are going to do the D shape center as of yet. They always seem to be missing.
Dave

Attachments

• DSC09455.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 108
Wow, good to see that someone has stepped up to the plate, in getting those mount brackets reproduced.
Wouldn't you know it though, when i'm not going to be doing these brakes any longer, and when i don't need any, or have to find them anymore.

Have you guys given any thought in repoping the caliper mount bolts too?
Or, maybe trying to find the manufacturing companys that repop the bolts for the Ford Mustangs.
The only thing different between the Ford bolts, and the Mopar bolts is the thread pitch of the threads.
Mopars are 7/16 x 20 Fine thread
and
Fords are 7/16 x 14 Course thread

Souldn't be hard for the tool shop to just cut fine threads on the bolts.
Anyway, just my two cents, towards this posting.

Thats cool that someone is reproducing them, but what were the star hoses used for?? The bracket i currently have is a d shape and so are my brand new hoses that were bought for a 70swinger with disc brakes. Figures things never work out.

Brake hoses work on all brackets wether they are stamped out with the "D" shape to them, or the "Star" shape.
Makes no difference which bracket you use, or have.
The horseshoe clip holds the hose in place to the bracket anyway.

If you bought the hoses from a local parts store You might be able to return them and purchase our brackets. All 3 of My 70 swingers have the star shape brackets. I got my hoses from napa for the star type brackets. I don't recall the part#'s but I can find out. It's under the United line they sell. As hemi71x said it is very expensive to tool up and produce,but Dave and I talked about how so many guys need these brackets that We decided to take a shot. Will We get rich off this (NOT) We'd be happy if we make a few bucks for or efforts though. Just happy to help out Mopar Brothers.

Thats cool that someone is reproducing them, but what were the star hoses used for?? The bracket i currently have is a d shape and so are my brand new hoses that were bought for a 70swinger with disc brakes. Figures things never work out.

i thought the star was from 70 to 72 and the D shape 67 to 69 not 100% just trying to make the newest style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back