Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   1
Contact seller

I rebuild brake and suspension parts for a little bit of extra income these days, and i just finished up rebuilding this 65-72 A body Kelsey Hayes disc brake set up.
I currently have this set up in stock, and another one that i am in the process of finishing up. After these sell, i no longer will be doing this as it's been getting to difficult to find, and then purchase, missing parts that are needed to make my brake set up's 100% complete.

I have been forgetting to mention that these 4 piston Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes are the small, 4 inch bolt pattern.
That's all that the 72 and earlier A body cars ever were.

Calipers have new pads,new rebuilding kits, new rubber brake hoses, and all the hose brackets, and pad hold down clips, caliper hard lines are all there.

Rotors are new replacements, and all the lug studs are right hand thread. All the wheel bearings, grease seals, are all there.

I have already done all the hard dirty work for you in rebuilding these disc brake parts, and buying all the parts to put this disc brake system together. If you ever did one of these, you know how expensive it gets.

Everything has been thoroughly cleaned, then soaked out in a solution of Evaporust, then painted up with Rustoleum paint, and put back together.

Included is the disc brake proportioning valve, and the hard lines to the master cylinder, you won't have to go and look for one of them.

This is a complete set up, but you will need to purchase your own DISC brake master cylinder to use these disc brakes, wether you buy one for manual brakes, or power brakes, that will depend on what you will be using.
Also if your existing lower ball joints are in good condition, you will have to drill out the mounting bolt holes to 9/16 inch, or purchase new Disc brake lower ball joints. One ball joint is included with this set up. I feel it is still pretty tight. Might have been a replacement on the donor car already. The other one was totally shot. Use it, or do as i described above.

Selling everything for $850.00, plus what it costs for boxes, and the FEDEX shipping to your zip code. Price is firm. I spend lots of labor time hours to rebuild these parts, and what it costs for parts, and i initially get these brakes for free either.

Have plenty of other pictures that i can send to you, if you are a serious buyer for my parts.
This is the current set up that i was putting together for sale.
Contact me through this forum with a PM message.
Thank's
Jim V.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 001 (Copy).JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 562
  • Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 005 (Copy).JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 535
  • Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 007 (Copy).JPG
    168 KB · Views: 536
  • Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 009 (Copy).JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 536
  • Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 010 (Copy).JPG
    155 KB · Views: 532
  • Kelsey Hayes Spare Parts 014 (Copy).JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Prop Valve 73-76 A Body 001 (Small).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 524
is the manual 10 inch drum master cylinder and the K h disc master the same ?

John A. (from New Zealand)

If your reading this ad again, please send me your e mail address.
I lost some information, and files, in my old computer when it crashed, on me.
Got a new computer now.
JV.

You can't go wrong with using a master cylinder from the 73-76 A body cars, or the dual reservoir disc brake master cylinder from, let's say, the 67 to 72 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back