kelsey hayes disk brake rotors

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Wondering if the hub on the kelsey hays disk brake rotors are fused to the rotor? From what i heard they are but wanna make sure. reason im asking, found some very cheap priced rotors from partstrain.com part number 121.63005 (centric manufactured) rotors for my setup but doesnt come with the hub.

Same thing on my 70 Duster. Two pieces. Means unless you are lucky, you'll be changing the studs when you replace the rotors. Hard to get them out without mashing the first threads.

FYI
For your information, it' no big deal in removing the wheel studs, to separate the old rotor from the hub, on the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston disc brake set up's.
I you have access to a hydraulic press, just locate the stud under the ram of the press, and press away.
They come right out. Nothing to it.
Or if you don't have a press, just put a lug nut flush with the stud, and get a BFH, and then a few wacks of the hammer will get the stud out.
But in the long run, your probably gonna be needing the press, to press the studs back in to hold the rotor and hub back together again.

Couple decades ago I smashed my studs out with a hammer. Bought new studs and pounded them back in to change the rotors. Still running like that till this day.

-
Back