Kelsey Hayes SBP disk break set, what's it worth

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm wanting to sell my factory 72' Kelsey Hayes small bolt pattern disk breaks in favor of 73' up BBP disk. So what's my set up worth? I'd sell everything in one shot, every part that I won't need for the BBP swap will go. I have no clue what's it's all worth but I keep hearing that it could be worth a good chunk of change.

Hey all, I'm wanting to sell my factory 72' Kelsey Hayes small bolt pattern disk breaks in favor of 73' up BBP disk. So what's my set up worth? I'd sell everything in one shot, every part that I won't need for the BBP swap will go. I have no clue what's it's all worth but I keep hearing that it could be worth a good chunk of change.
condition is everything, do you have pics? any leaks in the pistons? Also just a heads up EVERYTHING will need to go and be replaced by 73 parts for the swap the only thing that stays is the lower control arm.

Check the mechanical parts for sale section and you'll see an example of what a fully rebuilt set are going for, and you can compare what you've got to that. He's selling his for $900 with a lot of new parts. A few years back I got a set, sans dust shields, for around $150, but I needed new rotors, calipers and pads which were fortunately pretty inexpensive at the time. Relatively inexpensive, that is.

As far as I know everything works, no visible leaks. Car wasn't in driving condition when I picked it up. I'm willing to remove everything that's not needed for a BBP set up

As far as I know everything works, no visible leaks. Car wasn't in driving condition when I picked it up. I'm willing to remove everything that's not needed for a BBP set up
I have been seeing them from about $200 to $450 (used/not rebuilt). If you do get to selling them, I am very interested - I want to get rid of my 10 inch drums and keep the the small bolt pattern! The $900 units that one of the members here regularly sells look fantanstic, just out of my budget.

Probably $150 if the typical rusty-looking parts that will need total rebuild. As always, certain things are rare and desired, like dust shields in perfect condition or an early booster vacuum reservoir (~1964-5). Some people might pay $150 for those alone. The setup is heavy, so shipping is a big factor. If you ever plan to travel south thru Sac, PM me if you haven't done better by then. I won't pay top dollar since other disk plans, but nice to have period parts on hand. The guy selling $900 setup is right on my daily commute, but too steep for me, though not over-priced for the right restorer.

I paid $300 shipped for a seller on here...he tetrised them into a small plywood box minus the control arms. If I do wind up using them, I'll still need to buy a set of pads, turn the rotors, and new hoses.

-
Back