Kentucky Derby

-

33IMP

Reaction score
Anybody here follow the horses? I have next to no interest, other than the triple crown races, and even that little bit is down some, since the lonv drought of triple crown winners is over.
My girlfriends father apparently was a decent handicapper, but i have never had any interest.
What prompted this post.....nbc is spending FIVE Hours, to broadcast a three minute (roughly) race. Does anybody care enough to spend five hours? I will try to find post time and tune in maybe ten minutes ahead.
Anybody here interested in one horsepower instead of 500?

I dont follow, but I do enjoy them. LOTS of the race tracks have closed up here in Ontario. Beautiful creatures.
Kentucky Derby is the grand ball, so altho I dont like all the pomp that goes with it, I get it.

Mostly 4 3/4 hrs checking out huge women's hats!! It is a big event for some, lots of tradition.
The horse that won it first sold at auction for $1000 (looked like a under fed rat) and then $30,000 which is dirt cheap for what turns out to be a winner.

Sipping number two Mint Julep as I type.
Made them and tried them first time yesterday. Good stuff! My wife even liked them and doesn't like bourbon. Cheers.

mint julep.jpg

-
Back