Key-in buzzer that isn't there

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys..trivia question for you:

On a '74 Dart/Swinger...where's the Key-in ign buzzer? I know the schematic "says" it's there with the horn relay, but it isn't that I can see.

My '74 is as unmolested as they come and all there is under there is the horn relay with the 3-wire connector. No single black wire, no single terminal to reconnect an unhooked single black wire.

Also, the horn relay is attached to the side of the fuse box, not to the body of the car like the older versions.

Hope you enjoy the mystery, thanks.

The 74 book shows a horn relay with three connections, which you've already found, evidently.

The key buzzer is shown as having a two--wire connector with one no 20 red wire on one terminal, and two wires to the other, a dark blue and black

Book says "left side cowl" for both

The 74 book shows a horn relay with three connections, which you've already found, evidently.

The key buzzer is shown as having a two--wire connector with one no 20 red wire on one terminal, and two wires to the other, a dark blue and black

Book says "left side cowl" for both

Thanks for the help guy that isn't Tony...I found it right away.

For reference, it's not located on the cowl itself. It's attached to the lip of the dash right beside the fuse box. These are also plastic instead of metal but they make the same grating noise as the older version.

Mine was partially unplugged...wonder why. Wouldn't have anything to do with the seatbelt warning I'm sure:D. The seatbelts in this car are so unused the retractors will hardly function.

Thanks again.

This ain't Tony, LOL

Tony was a movie private detective played by Frank Sinatra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Rome

The dish is Jill St John, who many of us now-old-guys used to lust after

Tony+Rome+by+the+Pool+.jpg

-
Back