Key/Lock compatability

-

rothsauce

Reaction score
Working on a 60' project Valiant sitting in the garage, and am having a tough time finding anyone in the area who could make keys for all the locks - sadly ours came with none.

I'm not too concerned about the trunk right now, but do want to get the ignition and door locks replaced since it might just be easier at this point. Does anyone know if the 66-68 lock sets would work? Finding anything earlier is becoming problematic - am open to any suggestions though!

They are not the same. sorry. different shape hole. I did use older doors on my 66 dart, just made a punch using a slugbuster punch and a file.

Just notice that not too long ago, interesting since some have labeled these sets with 63-66 67 68. I know a 60-64 (maybe 65?) would work, but don't seem all that common for NOS or reproduction. Such a bummer.

Thanks for the confirmation Tim!

No problem. Good luck with your Mopar, And welcome to FABO. MT

Just notice that not too long ago, interesting since some have labeled these sets with 63-66 67 68. I know a 60-64 (maybe 65?) would work, but don't seem all that common for NOS or reproduction. Such a bummer.

Thanks for the confirmation Tim!

For A/B/C Bodies 65 was the last years for that style lock when then went to the new style in 66. However, the A series van/truck continued to uyse the same earlier style lock up through at least 69, possibly 70. I suspect the D series truck also used the same.

To my knowledge, no one is making a reproduction for theses. NOS can be found but seem to be pretty expensive. I found 2 sets of NOS locks on the Bay - one set in Turkey and the other from maybe Mexico. Both took awhile to get to me but they were the real deal at a very attractive price (compared to the ones from US sellers).

If interested, I have a pair of early door locks; one with a key and the other without. I would think it shouldn't be too hard to get a locksmith to re-key the one to the one with a key.

I've found a few individuals who can/will do it, one is reasonably priced that I'll be visiting this week. Others wanted to charge $125+ - which is just a wee bit spendy for keys.

Thanks all!

Unfortunately I find myself running into the issue of removing the dash plate to get to the ignition cylinder, more specifically getting that headlight switch to disengage. I'm fairly certain the depression button is at the top, same as the 62, but just cannot seem to find it.

Anyone have any tips that might make this an easier endeavor?

Unfortunately I find myself running into the issue of removing the dash plate to get to the ignition cylinder, more specifically getting that headlight switch to disengage. I'm fairly certain the depression button is at the top, same as the 62, but just cannot seem to find it.

Anyone have any tips that might make this an easier endeavor?

Maybe this picture will help for the headlight switch...

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

Attachments

• lightsw.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 98
Sadly that one is for a newer Valiant, the 60-62 are different and more of a pain. Did manage to figure it out this evening and am eagerly waiting for keys now that the ignition cylinder is out.

Attached is a pic for the headlight switch this one has. Thanks for the assistance though!

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 90
-
Back