Keyless entry system

-

Rudy`s Ride

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any experience with the passive keyless / push button start systems that are all over E-Bay. I see them on there anywhere for $50. to $500.
There are all different kinds out there, mostly from China and I usually stay away from anything made there. But if there is a good one made there maybe.
I am wanting to know if they work good once you have them wired up.
I think it would be kind of cool to be able to just walk up to my car and the doors unlock without having to have keys, just a keyfob in your pocket.
Any info would be great.
Thanks Mike

I have the keyless entry on my Dart and it has been really nice and has worked flawlessly for about a year so far, but you might want to reconsider if you are thinking to put a remote start system on a carbed car.
Who would press the throttle to set the chock and high idle?

Not interested in remote start, but push button start should work on a carbed car. What kind of system do you have?

Earlier keyless entry remote start units included remotes that were nearly bullet proof. Like most everything else, they couldn't leave well enough alone. They put a lcd on the remote with graphics about as awesome as Atari pong. Coloring book grade outline of a vehicle with lil puffs of smoke out the back to represent started/running. Drop this remote = dropping a cell phone.
When I ran across a unit that was nearly 6 year old NOS bought it for wifes RAV4. About 2 years, flawless. She has shattered 2 cell phones in the same time period.

-
Back