keyless ignition?

-

Moreno

beginning restorer
Reaction score
thinking about doing a keyless ignition and eventually entry, what do you recommend? I dont have the ability at the moment to do the doors, not sure the cost for the conversion, and I dont have a garage to work on them in since i live in condo and have a damn HOA. so the ignition may be a little easier to place. no holes and whatnot possibly. So what I am looking for is ideas and possible product to use. thanks guys!

April

thanks man! ill have to look at it it looks like they only do steering mounted ones i need a dash mount. hmm.

im sure, if you wanted, you could get a wireless key switch and a relay and rig one custom. I planed on doing that at one point, but i need to fix my e-brake before i can since i got a 4-speed

ididit is about 450$ they are all pretty $$.

hmm ill have to see about rigging one cause im not sure how i would go about it.

I bet you could put something together pretty easy, but it might not be the most efficient setup. From an electrical standpoint you could basically just hook up a push button start switch like a race car and all you would need is a relay that cuts the push button off unless a transmitter is in range. Then all you would need is some RFID or similar transmitter that would engage the relay whenever it gets within a certain range. That setup would constantly use power though since the relay that allows the push button start to engage would always be active. Probably wouldn't cost much at all though, just need to look up a transmitter kit.

Ididit key to keyless works great worth the $$$

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHE__RA-8UM"]YouTube - 001.MOV[/ame] Motor Running

um i think my husband would make babies with that engine. hahaha thanks i may just jump on it!

thinking about doing a keyless ignition and eventually entry, what do you recommend? I dont have the ability at the moment to do the doors, not sure the cost for the conversion, and I dont have a garage to work on them in since i live in condo and have a damn HOA. so the ignition may be a little easier to place. no holes and whatnot possibly. So what I am looking for is ideas and possible product to use. thanks guys!

April

April, try these guys www.a1electric.com. We've used several of their products and they're reasonably priced and the highest quality. Dan

rjsjea,

I think I would go with the first two, the last one is kinda dumb with the whole dog tag thing. The last one does not seem to have a brake switch safety bypass either.

I personally like the Auto-hub because it unlocks the doors when you come up to it, but with shaved doors that will be difficult for me.

rjsjea,

I think I would go with the first two, the last one is kinda dumb with the whole dog tag thing. The last one does not seem to have a brake switch safety bypass either.

I personally like the Auto-hub because it unlocks the doors when you come up to it, but with shaved doors that will be difficult for me.

Yeah, agree. Just puttin an option out there. I'm just looking at the top two

rjsjea,

I love all the ideas, i am eventually going to go with shaved handles as I have always loved the look! thanks o much all you guys for your help!!!!

Here is what I am going to use to control items in my car remotely one or the other of the below links.

I imagine a few additional relays are needed included a latch-on - timed off.
But if you are into a little wiring and simple relay work here you go.

This website has a tons of diy gadgets.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=11-3305&catname=electric

This one has wireless controllers for all kinds of stuff.
Here you can build a controller for your car that your smart phone controls.

http://www.controlanything.com/

-
Back