Keystone Raceway Park getting some upgrades

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our lower return road that is used by many and goes right by my rented parking space is getting a new coat of blacktop. It was impossible to miss the potholes that ran from one side to the other. This is really appreciated by many. Gene Nagy doing the work runs the beautiful red 4.60 running Mopar that I have posted pictures of before.

Press Release

It has been a long time coming, and a long week of hard work, but the biggest part is done. I would like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Derry Construction for working with us on the asphalt. Derry Construction wanted to help support another Historic Westmoreland County Business, Gene Nagy of Nagy Construction, CJ Nagy, and his crew at West Penn Paving. This is a major upgrade that was obviously and desperately needed. While we continue to work on our other projects, we ask you to please continue to be patient during our process. We will do the best as we can to complete our project list in a timely manner. PS, we won’t mind continuing carrying our nickname “Stones” through the future. We happen to like that. Thanks to all of our sponsors and customers who continue to believe in us and stand by our side as we continue forward.

A641D942-FC67-4093-802E-AA455FF55164.jpeg

229CED6B-265B-4442-8D92-86FE821FA9F0.jpeg

Good for Keystone raceway and the racers, pot holes and race wheels dont get along to well.

Wow! That is awesome. Glad to see they see the value of a heathy park. Keep racers happy and they come back.
Syleng1

At one time they had thoughts of moving the starting line back 600 feet.
That was to give more shut down area. Don't think it happened.

At one time they had thoughts of moving the starting line back 600 feet.
That was to give more shut down area. Don't think it happened.

They let’s say manipulated the starting line over the years and lengthened the shutdown. But near the very beginning of tracks moving to 1/8th mile a very good buddy of mine came about as close to dying in a top end crash and shortly after than My class was moved to 1/8th mile. 2-3 years later all classes were switched to 1/8th mile except Nostalgia class that runs approximately once a month and test n tunes. I love 1/8th mile but this falls on us the racers. We were too lazy to use our parachutes as required. And that’s me included because at 160mph I wasn’t using mine. And that’s what almost killed my friend.

Last edited:
-
Back