KH brake caliper part #NEEDED

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I'm looking for replacement calipers for my sbp KH setup on my valiant. Does anybody have a replacement part number for both the left and the right calipers and were I can find a set at a reasonable price I have two sets of cores
thanks in advance
Aaron

What is up with your cores, rusted hulks? Wonder if a core charge can be doubled if you turn 2 in, ya know? Rockauto is great! Early Mustangs used the same KH caliper IIRC.

What is up with your cores, rusted hulks? Wonder if a core charge can be doubled if you turn 2 in, ya know? Rockauto is great! Early Mustangs used the same KH caliper IIRC.

The Mustangs caliper is Kelsey Hayes but have a different hose mounting and different retainers. I have no idea if they will bolt up.

No there not rusted hulks lol but each one has atleast one piston froze
The two I have on there now work ok but when I start driving and racing the valiant I'm going to need that stopping power

No there not rusted hulks lol but each one has atleast one piston froze
The two I have on there now work ok but when I start driving and racing the valiant I'm going to need that stopping power

I have removed frozen pistons before by drilling and tapping the piston and then threading in a bolt wich forces the piston out. Just don't drill it dirrectly in the center. if you look in bore of one with the piston removed you can see you. Then buy a new piston or two and a rebuild kit and you should be good to go.

find someone local who sells centric brakes. They do cost effective reman's

left - 141.63008
right -141.63007

I refurbished KH brakes on the Dare last winter, after weighing cost of home rebuild of calipers (expensive & PIA) v. remanufactured & core charge Raybestos won out at the time. Do purchase the “Hardware Kit”; it’s a set of pad retainers.

Rock Auto not only beat everybody’s price, they had selection of several suppliers with parts in stock. Local auto parts stores had listings for KH calipers, but none of them could get the parts even at their stupid inflated price.

-
Back