KH Disc Brake Grease Caps

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hey guys... "stop the Beast" has his 66 dart in here and has us upgrade to the KH 4 piston disc brakes...

all is good... but he cant find the Grease/Dust caps that "seal" the end of the hub...

looks like the are about 1 3/4"... anybody have a supplier or know a part number?

thx
Ed

I think they use the same dust caps as the stock 10 inch sbp brakes. I ran in to the same question about the wheel bearings and seals because the catalog didn't show them but another member said they were the same as the 10 inch sbp brakes and they were.

Call and see if your parts stores have a Dorman 618-101 in stock. That shows to be execpt for a 9 inch drum and only costs $1.69 at Oreilly's so maybe that is the part you need.

ok cool so it looks like the 101 is for the KH brakes! thanks

Glad to help where I can. That is one of the parts that they just don't give enough details on but with your measurements we may have a winner. Let me know for sure if it works so I can put it in my part number collection for other members in need.

Glad to help where I can. That is one of the parts that they just don't give enough details on but with your measurements we may have a winner. Let me know for sure if it works so I can put it in my part number collection for other members in need.

yea will get some on order and see what we end up with...

ok so the Dorman number 618-101 was the correct number for the KH SBP disc brakes! thanks for the help and hopefully this helps someone else...

ok so the Dorman number 618-101 was the correct number for the KH SBP disc brakes! thanks for the help and hopefully this helps someone else...

It will help me cause as cheap as they are I may as well get rid of my dented ones and put some nice new ones on there....

The local store had 4 in stock. They measure a hair bigger then 1 3/4" as described above. I should probably go back and grab the other two. They are only $2.99 a piece. I am going to try and find some PVC pipe that fits that outside lip so I don't have to bang on the middle to put them on.

Attachments

• CudaGreaseCap1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 355
  • CudaGreaseCap2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 394
The local store had 4 in stock. They measure a hair bigger then 1 3/4" as described above. I should probably go back and grab the other two. They are only $2.99 a piece. I am going to try and find some PVC pipe that fits that outside lip so I don't have to bang on the middle to put them on.

Take one to your local muffler shop and I would bet that you could get a piece of scrap pipe that will fit it for nothing. (It will last longer than PCV).

yea there a snug fit... but if you set them with a dead blow you can work them in with a hammer and screw driver... just tap it in...

I would get the others just to have as spares. You never know when these will disappear from the market. I paid $1.67 each for them at O'reilly Auto Parts with my big $.02 discount. Retail is $1.69 here.

The grease caps fit extremely tight. I could not get them on at first. I was starting to think they were not gonna fit and I did not want to bend them up. So I took a 2" PVC pipe, cut 1/2" slot in the side of it, and then compressed the pipe with a hose clamp to fit tightly around the cap. Then I banged a hammer on the end of the pipe to drive them in. Not a blemish on the caps.

Attachments

• 100_2481.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_2479.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_2478.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 362
Let me add my two cents to this grease cap posting, and give everyone a little tip, "heads up" here if i may.
When i was rebuilding lots of these Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, disc brake set up's for resale, i would need these grease caps from time to time, when they were missing, or really hammered to death.
I'm from a part of the states that still gets old cars from the mid to late sixties, in the Pick-N-Pull wrecking yards.
From my scrounging, scavaging, around i have found out that grease caps from mid, to later 60's American Motors cars work great on these Mopar brakes.
But then again you just gotta be lucky if you can find AMC cars in your part of the world.
Just something for everyone to look for, if your out wrecking yard hunting.
Jim V.

The grease caps fit extremely tight. I could not get them on at first. I was starting to think they were not gonna fit and I did not want to bend them up. So I took a 2" PVC pipe, cut 1/2" slot in the side of it, and then compressed the pipe with a hose clamp to fit tightly around the cap. Then I banged a hammer on the end of the pipe to drive them in. Not a blemish on the caps.

Great Idea!!! :toothy8:

Let me add my two cents to this grease cap posting, and give everyone a little tip, "heads up" here if i may.
When i was rebuilding lots of these Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, disc brake set up's for resale, i would need these grease caps from time to time, when they were missing, or really hammered to death.
I'm from a part of the states that still gets old cars from the mid to late sixties, in the Pick-N-Pull wrecking yards.
From my scrounging, scavaging, around i have found out that grease caps from mid, to later 60's American Morors cars work great on these Mopar brakes.
But then again you just gotta be lucky if you can find AMC cars in your part of the world.
Just something for everyone to look for, if your out wrecking yard hunting.
Jim V.

Thanks!! Something else to pull of the AMC before it goes to the crusher.

I see some old AMCs every once in a while at the pick and pull usually with no hub caps....

-
Back