KH Front Rotor Questions

-

Cudakid2967

Reaction score
Hi, have a set of s/b Kelsey Haynes on the front of our 67 Cuda. Currently in the process of trying to get a brake and light inspection done and one of the things they need is a wear spec for the rotors and they couldn't find it because it's dirty. Can't seem to figure out if it is said on the rotor or not anywhere after digging around on it. Any ideas if it is on the rotor where it is at? Thanks

If I read it right (Factory Service Manual) it is 0.810", that is factory rotors. I'm not sure is would be the same for different replacements.

But the question is why do you need a Brake and Light inspection? I have lived in California all my life (50+) and never needed one on any of my cars purchased locally and from out of state.

Alan

If I read it right (Factory Service Manual) it is 0.810", that is factory rotors. I'm not sure is would be the same for different replacements.

But the question is why do you need a Brake and Light inspection? I have lived in California all my life (50+) and never needed one on any of my cars purchased locally and from out of state.

Alan
Hmmm, okay. It's not a purchase, car was hit and totaled out and this is part of salvage title stuff as we've rebuilt it and trying to get it back on the road again. Pain in the ***

Hmmm, okay. It's not a purchase, car was hit and totaled out and this is part of salvage title stuff as we've rebuilt it and trying to get it back on the road again. Pain in the ***
Ok, I get it now. Not a road I want to go down.

Alan

These are from rock auto.

Based on 67 dart but would be the same for cuda
Screenshot_20221014-143501.png

Screenshot_20221014-143416.png

Screenshot_20221014-143336.png

This is from the 67 FSM for KH front disc

Screenshot_20221014-144510.png

Last edited:
I can barely see let alone get to a place where I could measure the rotor thickness with the tires on the car.

Maybe buy a rotor show it to the station then return it?

Or just show them the rock auto listings.

Originally, new rotors came with the .810" thickness, machine to .790, and a replacement minimum of .780. That was back before modern machinery and tech skills. I personally have no problem turning them a bit thinner, but, the inspector is probably going to go by the book.

NOPE "NOT AVAILABLE" Pretty much out of stock, from the vendors, all over the internet, these days.
Yeah been the problem, literally almost nothing out there. Found one set of rotors we're going to try and see if they're actually right or not

Thanks Jim, I grabbed 2 pair when in stock lol. I was posting for spec purposes.
NOPE "NOT AVAILABLE" Pretty much out of stock, from the vendors, all over the internet, these days.

Yeah been the problem, literally almost nothing out there. Found one set of rotors we're going to try and see if they're actually right or not

KELSEY HAYES rebuild parts have now gone onto the UNOBTANIUM list, along with the BENDIX brake system parts, in this modern day and age, sad to say.

-
Back