Kickdown linkage help

-

Bigreno

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how I'm going to attach the kickdown on my Dart. It's a single barrel 225 / 904. I have some of the original kickdown parts but it's not complete. I also have a lokar cable that I can use. Has anyone used the lokar with a Carter single barrel, and if so, how did you attach it at the carburetor? Also could someone please post some detailed pics of their stock 1 bbl kickdown so I can figure out what pieces of this Rube Goldberg contraption I'm missing?

Need to know more about what you're working on. Linkages varied from year to year so it would help to know what year your car is. Also some pics of what you have already so we can figure out what if anything is missing or wrong.

And as far as I can say, the original setup looks Rube Goldburged! What a crazy bit of "engineering" MT

It's a 1971 Dart Swinger with an unknown year 225 and a 1974 904 transmission. The linkage is also from a '74. I'm thinking I can use the factory setup from the carb down to the swivel piece that mounts on the manifold then attach the cable where the long rod would go.

I'll add pics tomorrow.

I also have the rod that connects the z bar to the transmission.

Attachments

• 20150607_092349.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 158
c46e4db6-1e0e-41ec-ae83-3151d733a9a7.jpg

here is a picture

The kick down linkage for a slant is very simple its only 3 or 4 pieces. In your photo you have the shifter linkage, that piece attaches to the frame rail and a bracket on the transmission. A service manual will show you in detail how everything goes together. I have the complete kickdown for a '72 dart that I swapped a V8 into, you can have everything from carb to trans for $20 if you need it.

Gregn96cuda I pm'd you about that linkage.

-
Back