"Kickdown" rod for 727 BB

-

JeepGuy

Reaction score
I'm not actually sure what its called but I'm trying to find the rod that goes from carb to trans that controls shifts, I only have the part that goes directly on trans and the lever that mounts to trans. Is there a aftermarket supplier for them ? What is the correct name so I can look for one?

Kickdown linkage is generally what the whole setup is called. Also Torqueflite "throttle linkage"
Details varied over the years; most common are the later 60s and into 70s three piece linkages with two bellcranks. That was followed by the "one-piece" kickdown linkages.
Some illustrations in here:
Shift Quality & Linkage Adjustment (Session 279) from the Master Technician's Service Conference

Some are now available as repops. For just the intermediate rod (sounds like your situation) try some transmission shops and people parting out cars, etc.

I'd recommend swapping to a cable style kickdown.

Bouchillon performance sells them if I remember correctly

I have those original pieces, PM me if you still need them

My setup is out of a 68 new yorker ,engine was date coded 67. I'm guessing less problems hitting stuff with the cable setup?

Each method has their advantages and disadvantages. Cables will bind if not routed well and get kinked or even melted from heat off the exhaust headers.

-
Back