Kicking cam numbers around...

-
That's cool. I have a farm and a 40hr a week job and I'm the engine guy for a friemd of mine...lol. His Gremiln's in my garage at the moment - waiting for wet sanding and buffing...lol.
On the cam subject - Comp's got a lot of very good stuff, and even when you get everything "right" there can still be issues that kill the camshaft. "Stuff happens" but I have a couple vendors that will never get my money so I get that. I'd say find something that is about 5° @ .050 more than the flat tappet and arounf the same lift. You'll lose from the angles, but gain from the lack of lash... And don't forget the new pushrods you'll need.

So what type of cam lube do you use for wet sanding and buffing a Gremlin? :D

I really don't have anything against Comp Cams. I've used a bunch of their sticks with great results. I'm just not going there again on this engine after two flat cams and a set of broken springs. I have their roller rockers and love them, so they stay.

As far as pushrods, I have Smith Bros on speed dial......

It's funny - I use the 3M Perfect line but aside from the lighter colored stuff you'd be amazed at how similar the cam lube vs the compounds look...lol.

-
Back