Kiesler chapter 7

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
Got an email today that Kiesler is belly up. They had a good run. Looks like Passion will be a little bit busier filling more orders.

Got an email today that Kiesler is belly up. They had a good run. Looks like Passion will be a little bit busier filling more orders.

I believe Tremec transmissions are still available. Kiesler was a distributor
for them. There are other dealers out there. My engine builder sells
them.

I believe Tremec transmissions are still available. Kiesler was a distributor
for them. There are other dealers out there. My engine builder sells
them.

Keisler was more than a distributor. Shafi designed and built kits to retrofit the Tremec into muscle cars and what not. According to the news letter, the Perfect fit kits line was sold to Liberty Gear. It's sad for this to happen, the guy did love the cars and the hobby, but something has been slightly more than off lately. I hope nobody here got stung by this.

The Tremec swap is still a good option, and there are even fixes for that pesky high RPM 2-3 shift. Don't let one guys business tanking sway you away from the conversion itself.

Keisler was more than a distributor. Shafi designed and built kits to retrofit the Tremec into muscle cars and what not. According to the news letter, the Perfect fit kits line was sold to Liberty Gear. It's sad for this to happen, the guy did love the cars and the hobby, but something has been slightly more than off lately. I hope nobody here got stung by this.

The Tremec swap is still a good option, and there are even fixes for that pesky high RPM 2-3 shift. Don't let one guys business tanking sway you away from the conversion itself.

From what I understand his "Perfect Fit" kits were not. Never did care much for him. There are other shops that offer complete swap kits...spent some time chatting with one of them, think they were in Boise...that if I were going to buy a kit it would have been from him. Kielser aod's were a bit of a scam....they were nothing more than a 4l60e with an adapter bellhousing and a controller...at a price that was a good deal higher than if you put it together yourself....

There are at least two shops that will hook you up with the adapter plate/modified pump assembly so that you can use a Reid Racing sfi bell housing to put either a 4l80e/4l60e behind a Mopar motor. Either set it up as a full manual or get a controller like this one .....his price was WAY out of line for what you were getting in regards to the aod swap...

I'm not surprised. The original kits for mopars were crap to begin with and they sunk to a new low of sleaze when they brought out the RS transmission. Google around for the RS700. Lots of people ordering and not getting a trans for months on end.

I'm just glad i never purchased from them and feel for the people who have their kits now and may need tech support while installing it.

Inkjunkie- *IF* the aod fit as advertised, its not a bad deal. The base version of the kit was 3k. I did the math and you come out only a few hundred below that kit if you assemble it all yourself with all of the included parts. The problem is that there is suppose to be an adapter so you can use the stock shifter with a 4spd. Which from what i read, doesnt really fit and work.

It was certainly sad news to here about Shafi. It's always sad when a company goes under. There's far more than unpaid bills involved. People's lives are turned upside down when it happens. Shafi and Keisler Engineering were great supporters of Chop Cut Rebuild. When Shafi found the XP Hemi, he was like a little kid to tell us about it. Full of excitment and enthusiasm.

I'm happy to say that the people at American Powertrain have stepped up to fill our need for transmission support. Matt Graves and Gray Fredrick are two guys who know their stuff when it comes to transmissions. Plus, they're also Tremec dealers. If you're having issues with any product from Keisler, you can give them a call and they'll do their best to help you... Even YOU can call them Kevin! LOL...

BTW, the XP Hemi season is playing again on our new home at MavTV. Hope you all enjoy!

-
Back