Kinda negative experience with summit

-

73smallblock

Reaction score
I recently bought a victor 340 intake from summit and had it dropped shipped to a specific member for some work. Well he received the intake and sent me some pictures. Well just my luck, it's one of the screwed up castings. I called summit and asked about exchanging it for a different one. The rep asked for some pictures and I sent them to him and told him about the bad castings Edelbrock had and he said they have no information about there being bad castings out there. He then told me that as a rule of thumb, of it seals it's fine. He also told me to just use a smaller gasket. I told him that I was looking to gain power not lose it. He said that all they would do is take it as a return.

I called Edelbrock today and got transferred to a few different places. The last guy gave me a different number to call and told me that if there is a known problem that they would likely take care of it even though I didn't buy it from them. I called the number and had to leave a message so hopefully someone calls me back.

IMG_20231101_164526.jpg

IMG_20231101_164521.jpg

IMG_20231101_164516.jpg

How is that a bad experience? Just return it.

Sucks you have to go through this but my guess on the full story is the intake you were shipped was a return to Summit as it came shipped in a brown box and not an Edelbrock box. Edelbrock addressed this issue months ago and all of the intakes they are shipping are good which is why I am thinking what Summit sent was a returned (unused) item.

I would return the intake and reorder from Edelbrock or somewhere else. Chances are slim to none that you are going to get another returned part.... especially if you order from Edelbrock.

Call Summit and ask to speak to a supervisor! Summit is usually better than that!
I live fairly close by and had them open up a bunch of intake boxes to get a good one.

Sucks you have to go through this but my guess on the full story is the intake you were shipped was a return to Summit as it came shipped in a brown box and not an Edelbrock box. Edelbrock addressed this issue months ago and all of the intakes they are shipping are good which is why I am thinking what Summit sent was a returned (unused) item.

I would return the intake and reorder from Edelbrock or somewhere else. Chances are slim to none that you are going to get another returned part.... especially if you order from Edelbrock.
This ^^^^^^

I have ordered a ton of stuff from summit for my Hemi build and have had nothing but excellent customer service. I have had to return a couple of things and like you the majority of the parts were delivered to my engine builder several states away from me. They even sent a return call tag to dispatch a UPS driver right to his shop to pick return items up.

Apparently you have already heard this story, lol. That's probably what going to end up happening. I was just kind of shocked by the guys response. I have never had a bad experience with them before. They even let me return a super victor that I had bought and had for almost a year. They did charge me a restocking fee which I was anticipating and ok with.

If Edelbrock doesn't call me in the next few days, it will be returned.

I have ordered a ton of stuff from summit for my Hemi build and have had nothing but excellent customer service. I have had to return a couple of things and like you the majority of the parts were delivered to my engine builder several states away from me. They even sent a return call tag to dispatch a UPS driver right to his shop to pick return items up.
Like I said, never had a problem before. They have even sent me parts out before I had sent them a return/exchange out. Last time they did that was because the listing for Calvert shocks was backwards.

You've not had a problem now. They told you to return it. Where's the problem?

You could tell Vic Edelbrock is dead cause quality control sure dropped the ball there at the of Edelbrock establishment.

You could tell Vic Edelbrock is dead cause quality control sure dropped the ball there at the of Edelbrock establishment.
There's sure no argument there. You also know they sold the company so no family is involved at all anymore.

You've not had a problem now. They told you to return it. Where's the problem?
I'm not retarded, I know I can return it. I simply asked if I could exchange it for a different one. The if it seals it's fine is a stupid ******* response.

How about you put it on your engine and see if it seals seals and if it doesn't and your engine goes lean and melts a piston or two you can then go make a fuss. You really like to be a jackass and argue with people on here.

I'm not retarded, I know I can return it. I simply asked if I could exchange it for a different one. The if it seals it's fine is a stupid ******* response.

How about you put it on your engine and see if it seals seals and if it doesn't and your engine goes lean and melts a piston or two you can then go make a fuss. You really like to be a jackass and argue with people on here.
Easy boy. It was a legitimate question. They gave you an out. Returns at Summit cost nothing. They'll send you a call tag and all you have to do is send it back.

Easy boy. It was a legitimate question. They gave you an out. Returns at Summit cost nothing. They'll send you a call tag and all you have to do is send it back.
Just to clarify, only the last sentence of that paragraph was ment to you. I was speaking like I was talking to the rep at summit, just forgot to hit enter in-between.

Just to clarify, only the last sentence of that paragraph was ment to you. I was speaking like I was talking to the rep at summit, just forgot to hit enter in-between.
Just to clarify, it was a legitimate question. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Did you order that Trick Flow yet? :poke: :lol:
With Trick Flow products available, Edelbrock should be the second choice. lol
Naw, he's too busy callin me a jackass. I mean really, we already know that.

Apparently you have already heard this story, lol. That's probably what going to end up happening. I was just kind of shocked by the guys response. I have never had a bad experience with them before. They even let me return a super victor that I had bought and had for almost a year. They did charge me a restocking fee which I was anticipating and ok with.

If Edelbrock doesn't call me in the next few days, it will be returned.
Just send it back. I have both a brand new trick flow and a new 340 I’ll sell you. :thumbsup:

-
Back