Kindred's 71 Swinger

-

KindredSpirit

Reaction score
My 1971 Swinger is approaching a turning point from disassembly to assembly so I'm sharing a couple pics. At my slow rate of progress this will continue as a long saga. In any case, here is the rebuilt/repainted X-head 340 ready for the engine compartment, which is the subject of the other photo. Suspension is coming next, as the undercarriage is bare but all the major components are powder coated and waiting for me. On a side note, I've always had a fondness for the '71 models (high school graduation year) I wish Dodge had built, such as the Challenger TA. I love A-bodies so I my goal with the Swinger is to make it look pretty close to a car that Dodge might have built. Not exactly, as you can see. I like the 68/69 style air cleaner and the deeper blue paint, so there it is.
100_0856.JPG
100_0848 - Copy.JPG

The blue in the yellow is gonna look hecka nice! Make sure you post us some more pics, eh?
Love coming up to Petaluma, don't get up there often. Mostly with the wife to visit Sebastiani's and if I get lucky, I get to go to Lagunitas or Bear Republic in Healdsburg.

-
Back