kiwi dart

-

shortz

Reaction score
thought id share a few pics of my 68 dart 270 that ive had for a couple of years, big plans but want to keep it on the road as we do each thing.

i must take more pics but here ae a few of what we have done so far

started life as a 273 nana spec car

dsc2180zl3.jpg

daughter loves the car

dsc2176er9.jpg

changed a couple of things, prefer the dog dish style caps, have got some 15" cop rims for when we change to bbp diff and front discs

dsc2228de6.jpg

now has a mild 318 that i managed a 14.5 at 95mph out of it
still running 273 exhaust manifolds though, need some headers, change the diff and a floor shift (column at the moment) and i think it may have a low 14 in her

dsc4348.jpg

dsc3675t.jpg

dsc36771.jpg

started on the interior, quite liked how this half sweep tach looked with the rest of the dash.

dsc4350.jpg

made a new rear parcel tray with speaker mounts, like to keep things different but not to different, quite happy how this turned out as well

dsc23841yr2.jpg

dsc23831qj1.jpg

dsc23851fx6.jpg

xmas2008002.jpg

xmas2008007.jpg

next plan is to do a little body work, mini tub and relocate springs, going to try the ford explorer diff set up that has been talked about on this site, have bought 2 already so must get on to getting 1 ready to go in and change front to bbp disc as well

That is a real nice car, looks very solid too. I like the rear speaker tray, different but not too much, nice work!

cheers for the comments guys,

the rocker covers came from a company called segedins here in new zealand, i sure they will be chinese made, but the quality is really good

-
Back