Known Mopar Models in plastic?

-

67 Power Wagon

Hemi Pawr or BUST!
Reaction score
Anyone have a list of known Mopar models made in plastic/resin, in both 1:24th and 1:25th scales?

I'm interested in a few and know of a few but there are more companies making them, now then I used to know when AMT and Revel/Monogram was the only 2 plastic model companies making models.....

Right now, off the top of my head:

AMT-Ertl 70 Dodge Super Bee.
Revell 69 6 Pack (GTX/Roadrunner?)
AMT-Ertl Charger R/T (General Lee)
Revell 71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda.
Lindburg 64 "Red Wagon" model, I'm not sure what the model was even of....I just know it used to race on the quart mile, on the rear 2 wheels with a Hemi mounted on the bed of the truckl that looked WAY more like a van cut down into a truck......(PLEASE) fill me in on this one as its one I'd like to find again!

Race cars, hell I can't remember. that's why I'm asking here. any more that I can't remember within the scales I've mentioned?

Please jump right in here!

Also any large scale Mopars welcome too......

Hawk Models offer the 1/4th scale Hemi's:

Street 426 Hemi.
Pro-Stock 426 Hemi
A990 Hemi.

1/6th Scale:
5.7 Hemi.

So what else guys?:cheers:

Lindburg 64 "Red Wagon" model, I'm not sure what the model was even of....I just know it used to race on the quart mile, on the rear 2 wheels with a Hemi mounted on the bed of the truckl that looked WAY more like a van cut down into a truck......(PLEASE) fill me in on this one as its one I'd like to find again!

that was a dodge A-100 and it has recently been re-issued in stock trim as a Coca-Cola delivery van with a 318 and stock wheels

the kit also includes EVERYTHING you need to make the wheelstander minus the decals

I picked one up for about 16 bucks using the hobbylobby coupon

MPC and Jo-HAN were a huge manufacturer of the mopar cars in 1:25 scale. Go on ebay and check around under Dodge model kit cars and Plymouth model kit cars. Also, MPC made many of the mopar promotional dealer models, along with Jo-Han and AMT.

that was a dodge A-100 and it has recently been re-issued in stock trim as a Coca-Cola delivery van with a 318 and stock wheels

the kit also includes EVERYTHING you need to make the wheelstander minus the decals

I picked one up for about 16 bucks using the hobbylobby coupon

I'll have to remember that a A-100, with a 318.... Interesting model none-the-less. was it a cross-over from a Van to a Truck tho? Whats the history of this body style?

MPC and Jo-HAN were a huge manufacturer of the mopar cars in 1:25 scale. Go on ebay and check around under Dodge model kit cars and Plymouth model kit cars. Also, MPC made many of the mopar promotional dealer models, along with Jo-Han and AMT.

I'll have to keep this in mind. these models for the most part the Jo Han seem to be really well made ones too. so. do you know if they still make them? Jo Han that is?

I used to work at the company that owned Lindburgh, and before I left, I bought several models: Bill Maverick's "Lil Red Wagon," Roger Lindamood's 64 Dodge "Color Me Gone," Bill Maverick's 64 Dodge 330, Ramcharger's 64 Dodge 330, plus a few non-Mopars: 67 Olds 442, 66 Super Sport Chevelle; all still in the shrink-wrap.

would you part with the Lil Red Wagon? I'd be interested in that one and one of the Color Me Gone models.....

would you part with the Lil Red Wagon? I'd be interested in that one and one of the Color Me Gone models.....

Tons of the Little Red Wagon kits on ebay right now, new and old ones...also many Color me Gone ones as well

Keith,
I wish I could do ebay. I don't have a paypal account. I got burned about 2 years ago and said piss on that so. after loosing 800 bucks, makes ya think twice when that was rent money for the house ya know? AND it wasn't from over spending, it wasn't even being used at the time and had a big fraud investigation, and it turns up they couldn't prove anything, so yeah pissed me right off!

Jo-Han went out of business in the early 1980's, I want to say 1983 but I'm guessing. They were made in Michigan. AMT sold out to ERTL in Dyersville, Iowa about the same time. MPC went on making kits and don't know what or when or if they are still making kits. That could be easily researched. I personally got out of the kit cars (don't have the time or patience anymore) and now I personally collect the mopar mucle car dealership promotional cars. I also like the fact that they were on the dealer show room with the real cars and are just as old as the real cars. Bad part is they are very expensive if they are nice, though...

Keith,
I wish I could do ebay. I don't have a paypal account. I got burned about 2 years ago and said piss on that so. after loosing 800 bucks, makes ya think twice when that was rent money for the house ya know? AND it wasn't from over spending, it wasn't even being used at the time and had a big fraud investigation, and it turns up they couldn't prove anything, so yeah pissed me right off!

Do you have a hobby lobby craft store near you? If so they have a great model selection.

Yes Jo-Han molds were bought out by X-EL PRODUCTS don't what happened after that. MPC and AMT is now owned by Round 2 Models. here's the Link..............
http://www.round2models.com/models/mpc

Hope the mpc models have better chrome on them now than they did back in the 80s. Mpc chrome parts in the 80s sucked. I think the best kits back then were monogram kits. Chrome was very nice, and everything fit together very well.

when I was at hobby lobby and bought acouple of the old re-issued amt semi kits I saw they were releaseing Richard pettys 70 dart model kit, im not exactly sure when though should be soon

I don't have a complete list by far, but I have been doing Mopar models for 40 plus years. I have my inventory on an excel list with kit numbers if you want to start a collection. PM me and I will send you a copy.

Attachments

• AuroraHurstHemi.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 399
So far so good guys......The newer MPC or well "Round2" models, the Chrome is/seems better then the old stuff (I too, remember those days) The Chrome in the 80's and even the early 90's was really thin on the plated parts, and didn't take much to ruin it, just by touching it, with bare hands......The body oils on your hands was all that was needed to remove it, or well, "rub" it off.

I have to say the Revell/Monogram models, today seem detailed better then the older counterparts. not sure why, but, their 68 Dodge Charger 2 N 1 kit has 2 motors, and gives decals for the stock car, or to make the Charger the known race car "Hemified" which is a nice touch to have a second motor, and a complete second motor I might add, not just parts for a "common" block.......But, it has a separate transmission too..... BUT, the bellhousing casting of either motor is their so the "spare" motor, could be used in a Diorama type set with a garage and a motor stand......

Just a few of my "out takes" on the newer models from my old days as a teenager building these things.....

I'll have to remember that a A-100, with a 318.... Interesting model none-the-less. was it a cross-over from a Van to a Truck tho? Whats the history of this body style?

The '64 to '70 or '71[I'm old and forget stuff]Dodge A-100s were a full line up ,panel vans, window vans, pick ups, right up to cab over engine five ton trucks. Base line they came with slant sixes, then the LA 318 and most of the 2 ton and higher came with big block power.
Like typical sixties Mopar trucks they were pretty basic, slow ratio manual steering, manual brakes, etc.... But they were light weight, easy to work on[unless you are doing a motor swap] and very popular with the Van culture back in the sixties and early seventies.

Maverick's Lil Red Wagon made them famous but he wasn't the only one to go nuts on them. I think that they are one of the coolest looking vans/trucks ever built.

I've built and driven three of them myself, nothing as wacked as the Lil Red Wagon mind you but I had a lot of fun building and driving all of them. And I'm currently trying to make a deal on a very nice '67/'68 panel van.

The '64 to '70 or '71[I'm old and forget stuff]Dodge A-100s were a full line up ,panel vans, window vans, pick ups, right up to cab over engine five ton trucks. Base line they came with slant sixes, then the LA 318 and most of the 2 ton and higher came with big block power.
Like typical sixties Mopar trucks they were pretty basic, slow ratio manual steering, manual brakes, etc.... But they were light weight, easy to work on[unless you are doing a motor swap] and very popular with the Van culture back in the sixties and early seventies.

Maverick's Lil Red Wagon made them famous but he wasn't the only one to go nuts on them. I think that they are one of the coolest looking vans/trucks ever built.

I've built and driven three of them myself, nothing as wacked as the Lil Red Wagon mind you but I had a lot of fun building and driving all of them. And I'm currently trying to make a deal on a very nice '67/'68 panel van.

This is awesome! I'm building a model to a Liilte Red Wagon into a Monster truck! Powered by the Hemi DOHC "Doomsday motor, "A925". just for S&G's! The kit was one of 2 I have that both are to be the actual LRW model......But one will be the factory model the other not so much!

Altho I have my HUGE 67 Power Wagon, I'd take a A-100! I think the truck version is a awesome looking truck for its size! Plus that old "Dodge" grill says it all!

Altho I have my HUGE 67 Power Wagon, I'd take a A-100! I think the truck version is a awesome looking truck for its size! Plus that old "Dodge" grill says it all!

I totally agree with you, I'd trade my gas guzzling, big block powered '78 Dodge heavy half and both of my Dakotas for a decent one, but they are so rare up here in the great white north that I haven't laid eyes on one for a veryyyy long time. Fortunately there are still a few vans kicking around so I'm not giving up yet.

Once you get started on the A-100 Monster Truck project be sure to post it up maybe it will help me decide what to do with my LRW kit.

I totally agree with you, I'd trade my gas guzzling, big block powered '78 Dodge heavy half and both of my Dakotas for a decent one, but they are so rare up here in the great white north that I haven't laid eyes on one for a veryyyy long time. Fortunately there are still a few vans kicking around so I'm not giving up yet.

Once you get started on the A-100 Monster Truck project be sure to post it up maybe it will help me decide what to do with my LRW kit.

Ohhh don't get me wrong, I won't trade my big Power Wagon for the world, (I may think of it if it concerned a '70 Super Bee or Coronet that I could build but... that's a long shot!!!!)

I have posted pictures of the motor I'm putting into the "Dooms Day" monster truck I'm building from the A-100....

Super blown (dual blowers) on a 426 Hemi DOHC the "Dooms Day" Hemi....A925!!!!!

I'll have to post some updates of that as a bit has been completed on the motor!

I like the Danbury Mint cars....all kinds. I have about 160 cars....planes...tractors. Many Mopars. I have Desoto...Chrysler...Plymouth .....pick-ups.
I've sold many right here. Great guys here at this web site to do business with. Usually pay with Postal Money orders. Works well.
Too many to list but I also have them on a Word.doc and send the list out as an attachment to e-mails.
Good Luck buying and selling! I really enjoy the back and forth selling and some trading.
Howard

-
Back