kph (metric)

-

monook

Reaction score
Hey Everyone
Got this from a barracuda 25 years ago from the auto wreckers.
It is going in my car (67 vert) Metric in 67? No such thing.
Solve this please!

Attachments

• speedo 010.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 260
  • speedo 011.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 260
  • speedo 012.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 243
It's probably out of a Mexican built car or remotely a car destined for sale in Europe.
Probably Mexican built though.

It's probably out of a Mexican built car or remotely a car destined for sale in Europe.
Probably Mexican built though.
Thanks Dartnut Metric came here in 1977.
Did Mexico have metric way back then?(67)
I think you are right though.
Darryl

My '71 six barrell Cuda had a metric speedo. It also had the owners manual and original showroom brocures printed in french.

Vehicles destined for countries that used metrics got KPH speedometers. Ulf found me a 65 Dart KPH speedo and several years ago I got one from a 65 Valiant from Finland. That one is going in my 65 Barracuda since it's eventually going to Holland where my oldest son lives.

Attachments

• grandkids 008.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 240
  • grandkids 010.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 235
Thanks 65dardman
Me Think now because of you.

Darryl

That's freakin' awesome! I had an imported motorcycle with a KPH speedo. I learned to do the math in my head so I knew how fast I was going. I blew down the road past my wife once. I told her I was doing 180. She freaked out, so I told her it was kilometers. Thank God she couldn't do the math. I can see you flying down the road at 200. I would want a pic of that!

There is an older guy that lives near my parents that has a 1970 Swinger 340 white with a black bumble bee stripe, black interior, buckets and console and I tried buying the car from him since it was just rusting away... Anyways it had this exact Km/h dash and I knew it was really strange and I've never seen one before (I dont even think he knows what he has) I never did get to see the fender tag, but it did look original to the car!

-
Back