KRP roller rockers,how much$$?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Has anyone used KRP roller rockers with their LA360?How did they perform?I have a chance to purchase some and am wondering what there worth?Thanks

I never heard of them. I'm guessing that these rockers are imported and would stay away from them.

Do you have a link at all?

Thanks for the advise Ram!I was putting a feel out,cause I,ve never heard of them!See ya at 5!:cheers:

P.S I tried google,only found for bikes and 4 cyl. cars.

Never heard of them..i'm running the comp cam magnum rollers,very happy with tht setup and performance..

Well someone has to be the ginnie pig here.

I mean come on.....
A guy asks about'em and somebody says.. 'never heard of them', 'I'd stay away''
Based upon what....cause some anonimous used another off brand and probably in the wrong app and broke his sht?

How about =never heard of them, couldn't tell ya, got a pic?

I see people all the time who just bolt this sht together and not check retainer'rocker clearance, geometry, or even the quality of adjuster then when they break they're sht it's like... ''ohh those rockers are chinese junk''
:read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2:
I can't believe the stuff that gets spread around the net, I mean there's stuff out there that you guys are missing out on cause of the example above.....

I'm not ranting but I had to actually set my beer down and take a breath for a sec, I'm fine now.:cheers:

Well someone has to be the ginnie pig here.

I would never, ever ask a member here to be a "Guinea Pig"

I mean come on.....
A guy asks about'em and somebody says.. 'never heard of them', 'I'd stay away''

Damn straight! I researched this name the best I could and only found an importer in Long Beach CA and an exporter out Punjab India.

Based upon what....cause some anonimous used another off brand and probably in the wrong app and broke his sht?

No, because I could find no mention of these afformentioned parts at all. That's what I posted.

How about =never heard of them, couldn't tell ya, got a pic?

Again, no link or pic could found.

I see people all the time who just bolt this sht together and not check retainer'rocker clearance, geometry, or even the quality of adjuster then when they break they're sht it's like... ''ohh those rockers are chinese junk''
:read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2:
I can't believe the stuff that gets spread around the net, I mean there's stuff out there that you guys are missing out on cause of the example above.....

Huh... OK.

#1 I tried some imported roller rockers.
#2 I checked EVERYTHING before they were installed.
#3 The adjusters mushroomed and the rollers flattened. I was my own pig.
#4 I'm sure that it is possible that there is a facility in Punjab India that cares so much about our Mopars and keep the same or closer tolerances than Crane, Comp, Harland Sharp, Huges Engines or T&D (The best in the world IMHO), but I say if it walks, talks and looks like a duck, it's a duck.
#5 Tell me about all the "stuff" we're missing out on.

I'm not ranting but I had to actually set my beer down and take a breath for a sec, I'm fine now.:cheers:

I hope this was a beer fueled post. I have no problem with imported parts as long as the QA and machining was done here. As most people know, Eagle and Scat cranks are not forged/cast here, but are supposedly checked and finished in the US.

Please tell me why I'm wong about my recomendation and tell me why.

:-D

Has anyone used KRP roller rockers with their LA360?How did they perform?I have a chance to purchase some and am wondering what there worth?Thanks
where would you be purchasing them? is there a link of some web page you can inject here? If they are like the KMJ roller rockers advertised on ebay then I would steer away from them. Very poor quality and fitment problems.

:read2: :-D:-D How about some "ACME" pistons?

How about you get serious....lucky I'm even replying to such ridiculousness.

Show me pics of the roller rockers that you bought that went bad.

oh yeah,
I read on the internet that chevy's were better too....say it aint so?

Talk to me when you really know, and with maturity.

I remember when cranes adjusters were breaking too........

Mushrooming adjusters?, maybe you forgot to check weather they were 'cup' adjusters to begin with.

Take it easy will ya, I wasn't directly quoting you, and yet you come off with the bs acme piston deal.

Remember... you don't have to take my word for it, as no one has to take yours, thing is I have pics to back mine up.
And think about it this way....you posted you're response/opinion and then I posted mine =they differ, but that doesn't mean you need to keep post bashing on my first hand knowledge.
[While not all off brands are worth a hoot, but some are and it sux that they are not given the chance due to pigeon holing]

It is what it is, and I have pictures and time slips, wth do you have?

BTW I have trouble seeing the humor when somebody is being confused or misled by hear say.

Again
take it easy

Justin

ya'll agree to dissagree,opinion's are what were asked for,and let's keep it at that..I can see the validity of both opinions but I can't see the validity of stirring the pot or bickering about it so that part will cease and desist...Thank You Have a nice Day !!!

Never assume about someone's firsthand knowledge. I made my recommendation on my personal experience with some "Proform" rockers and the fact that I could find nothing on these KRP's. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's most likely a duck and I will not risk another members hard work and money by telling them its a hawk. I also do the same in my professional life with clients. It's smart business.

If you like to suggest unknown parts, go for it. Please let us know if you can dig up some info on these rockers.

Never assume about someone's firsthand knowledge. I may still have them or I may not. This was three years ago. If I still have them you'll see pics this week. I only talk about what I know as an engineer and what I've experienced. If you use these KRP rockers without fail, tell us about it and why..... Don't go off half-cocked because you feel your ego was bruised. If you have something to add, add it. I saw nothing but threats of showing some "pictures and time slips". Tell us why your imported rockers of whatever brand you are using are worth considering. Impresses upon us your knowledge. Who makes them? Were are were they purchased? How many miles are on them? What springs loads are they being used with? What kind and lift of cam?

I made my recommendation on my personal experience with some "Proform" rockers and the fact that I could find nothing on these KRP's. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's most likely a duck and I will not risk another members hard work and money by telling them its a hawk. I also do the same in my professional life with clients. It's smart business.

exactly....

If you read the packaging on those proforms it says right there 'not for cam lifts above .480' or for any real spring rate either.

Don't think you can find the chinese rockers I have anymore which were run on my 340 @7200rpm with 442lb spring rate, nothing roller though.
Ohiocrankshaft uses the same in-house rockers on all there race cars [mostly chevy]

All can say If you haven't run KRP's,don't bash on'em until you have and have reason to.

Half cocked? hey whatever man....you go ahead and keep on going with that.

Just remember that for some of us, reading 'never heard of them, I'd stay away', translated to.... 'I don't know anything about them, therefore lack the ability to offer you sound advice' which is like posting just to raise you're post count.

No big, I just would have ended it with.. you're gonna have to find someone who has'em and ask them, or roll the dice and possibly find a good cheap new product to turn the rest of us on to.

I don't want people destroying their stuff, but on the other hand we didn't get fast by not trying out new parts/techniques and even breaking a few things to learn WHY it does/doesn't work.JMO

Just let it die

-
Back