LA 360 Pulleys

-

mario03srt

Reaction score
All,

I have looked through a lot of pulley posts but still am confused. Getting ready to drop in the new mill.

My setup is a 77 LA 360 Ex Balanced with a Milodon High Flow water pump and a later lighter factory degreed crank balancer. No Air cond. Going with Champion Rad with twin electrical fans.

I have the single groove water pump pulley and a 2 groove Crank pulley p/n 36143_78. I mocked up the 2 and the is a lot of misalignment by a half a groove.

Q1 - What/How do I need to setup the WP Pulley? With no fan what parts are used? I assume the spacer is not used? It is 1.860 tall? The pulley is 2.25 tall and 6 inch in dia.

Q2 - What/How do I need to setup the Crank Pulley. It is a 36143-78 and is 3.25 tall and 7.5 inch in diameter on the big groove.

Q3 - What is the Crank Pulley bolt size, Mancini has some but was looking for a differnet source. I have some that fit but do not appear to be the right pitch etc. but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Marion

Non A/C water pump pulley should be
29518-36 for a factory set up. You said you had non factory parts so this could change? But I just did all the pulleys on the same engine. So I knew the number.

I see that there are some water pump pulley spacers.

Should I space out the pulley approx. 3/8th?

My pulley ends in a 28 but I cannot make out the rest.

I'm going to use the power master factoty alt, and power steering too.

Non A/C water pump pulley should be
29518-36 for a factory set up. You said you had non factory parts so this could change? But I just did all the pulleys on the same engine. So I knew the number.
Do you know the size? Where did you source it from?

here.. you can use the measurements to find the ones you need...

pulley1.png

pulley2.png

Do not space it out. Use the 29518-36 pulley and you will be all set. I found mine at a swap meet. Try Ebay or google part # 29518-36 pulley. It will pop up.

-
Back